Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

Just finished re-writing this website for SEO, first attempt so would love to get some feedback!

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    its quite a nice site things i would change to improve it even more are:

Add a border radius on the container box to add a curved effect.
    put a margin top on the container to make it separate from the menu.

With your HLinks remove the Underline property on the text but change the color to another color to give it the impression it IS a hlink.. have the underline property on the rollover instead..

compress the pictures on the site... currently it takes approximately 10 seconds to download all the images..

you need a contact form instead of direct link to their email... (potentials will find it offputting that they have to open up their mailbox to send an email..

See if you can get a slideshow script for the site... that will help the gallery page dramatically and make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Set your gallery pictures to a minimum of 800x600. They're tiny at the moment...and im on a netbook!!!

Add some color variation... its a bit too creamy for my liking :/

Code wise...

Remove the style code in the html and put in a separate style sheet...this will help speed things up when a potential visits the site for the first time.

REAAALLLL Pet peeve.....

Never use tables to design websites!!!! Tables are designed for Data only. Create the site in #divs and .class's

Other than that the site definately has potential.

Hope this helps man.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks so much for your awesome feedback! I'm working on another project at the moment, but when I get a chance to revisit this site, I'll be coming back here first.

The pet peeve, using tables, that's all I have ever done, I think I must take a look at some tutorials on divs and classes!

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by peeko, post: 213797
    The pet peeve, using tables, that's all I have ever done, I think I must take a look at some tutorials on divs and classes!
    I tell ya what once you have started learning divs and classes you will kick youself for using tables to design a site :P
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by peeko, post: 213797
    Thanks so much for your awesome feedback! I'm working on another project at the moment, but when I get a chance to revisit this site, I'll be coming back here first.

Here's a pretty good tutorial you can look at then
    http://www.tizag.com/htmlT/htmldiv.php
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I thought the OP was asking about the SEO updates not a site critique ???

1. Move your title tags to the top of the Meta Tag List. ( personal opinion, but works for me )
    2. Create a unique title for each page ( try to include at least 1 keyword in the title)... several of your pages actually had word list separated by commas, some search engines will see this as potential keyword loading and penalize that page for it... they are looking for a title relevant to the content...
    3. That being said... you have possibly 1 maybe 2 pages with enough content that the search engines will actually bother indexing them... you need to have at least 250 characters of content for the search engine to actually consider it relevant to the site...

When you do create content for the page... keep in mind to use H2 and LI appropriately ... to bring relevant importance to the content.

Suggest that you include the phone number, etc... on every page of the site... with a link to the "contact us" page... it will help your "LOCAL" indexing.

Speaking of Local Indexing ??? Hosting in Burlington Mass for a business in NSW ??? not helping.. although it helps the site load really fast here in the US... it bet it crawls for potential customers..

Remove Ads