Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've been working on a design for the Engineering and Technology Department at my school. I have all summer to finish it, so I've been doing a lot of experimenting with designs to see what looks good. I would like you to rate my new design and then look at my old design (http://www.my-testing-area.netne.net) and tell me what you like or don't like about the changes.

Feel free to give any tips that you may have so I can improve this website and future websites.

I AM STILL ADDING CONTENT AND MOVING THINGS AROUND ON OTHER PAGES SO PLEASE STAY ON THESE TWO MAIN PAGES. ANY OTHER PAGES WILL NOT BE FINISHED.
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Add some left padding to your header, the text shouldn't be so near the edge.. I like everything other than that. Love the background image for the header, how'd you get it?
    Also, is the scrolling supposed to stop when you hover over it? (I'm talking about the box to the right)
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Nice job! Only two things I noticed:
    1. The font is boring and I think you should use something a little more interesting.
    2. The "Videos" box at the bottom has some issues with the copyright notice not fitting properly.

Other than that I like it

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Add some left padding to your header, the text shouldn't be so near the edge.. I like everything other than that. Love the background image for the header, how'd you get it?
    I never noticed how close the text in the header was to the side. I'll add that padding. As for the background image in the header, I made it in photoshop CS5. I used some brushes that I downloaded online. To find the brushes I used (or some that look similar), Go to google, type in "technology photoshop brushes", and download the brushes you like.

Also, is the scrolling supposed to stop when you hover over it? (I'm talking about the box to the right)
    Yes, that is supposed to stop. The scrolling box is showing recent news for the department. The orange words are links to the full article of that topic. I made the box stop scrolling on rollover so people could read everything clearly.

Nice job! Only two things I noticed:
    1. The font is boring and I think you should use something a little more interesting.

2. The "Videos" box at the bottom has some issues with the copyright notice not fitting properly.
    I'm still looking for a good font to use. I've never been that great at picking out fonts for websites. As for the copyright box, I made it stick out like that on purpose. I'm still styling it and I plan on adding some background images. It won't look so out of place when I finish.

Do you guys know of any online resources that might make picking out fonts easier?
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk095, post: 213341
    I never noticed how close the text in the header was to the side. I'll add that padding. As for the background image in the header, I made it in photoshop CS5. I used some brushes that I downloaded online. To find the brushes I used (or some that look similar), Go to google, type in "technology photoshop brushes", and download the brushes you like.
    Do you guys know of any online resources that might make picking out fonts easier?
    Nice job man, really cool
    As for the fonts, I use google fonts. It's aweshum.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Remove Ads