Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'd mainly like the review to be of the design/feel of the site overall. The theme is zen/relaxation and computer enlightenment. It's a very different approach for a computer repair / web and graphic design website, but that's the point. I want people to remember it! I welcome all helpful criticism! Thanks again!

• I just put this website up, so if it's not working the DNS in your area may not have the information yet. Give it some time.
    • I am aware that 2 pages are empty of content. These pages are a work in progress. I'm planning something special for them! I've only posted the full website to get some feedback.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    I've left the URL in the body until the URL can be posted in the correct area above (wouldn't allow me to edit it).

BTW, it's already a 1-5 scale
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    adammarleymtts: How could you have possibly rated it? I only just fixed the URL in the body of the original post (there was a typo in it, which may explain why the URL never showed up and why it can't be updated). And if you "rated" it, what did you or didn't you like about it? Stop posting one-line idiocy that clearly indicates that you haven't actually read the post.

Amber: I edited your post because you had two letters transposed in the URL.

I like the idea. It is different. I'm just not sure it will fly as presently constructed, and certain elements don't work well with the theme.

For starters, your menu font. It's not really a zen-y kind of font, and if anything, you'd be better served embossing a handwritten font into the rocks.

The monk dude himself looks pretty cool, but well...you're not a dude, and I think a lot of people would expect you to be one. Yes, that's chauvinist, but web design and IT are also male-dominated industries, so it's the harsh reality of your situation.

Splash page: bad idea. Having one is a death sentence in most cases. People don't like the extra clickthrough. Think of "get to the f**king point" and you'll understand how most people are.

Tables: baaaaaaaaaaad. No tables for layout. None. Tables bad. Divs, unordered lists, and other appropriate elements with use of CSS...good. Use CSS + divs. CSS + divs good. I Tarzan, you Amber.

I have some other thoughts, but I think this should get you started...and it gives others a chance to provide feedback without me dominating the thread.
    Amber Ingraham likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Game, you didn't fix it. You only THINK you did No worries, same thing happened to me. It accepted the change, then didn't change it. Already reported it.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I meant that I fixed it in the original post, not the URL updater.

Amber: there's also a thread in the mod section on the same topic. Yes, Wired and I are mods but we don't have the required access to fix your problem. The new developer head should see it one way or the other based on what we've each done for you, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 214116

I like the idea. It is different. I'm just not sure it will fly as presently constructed, and certain elements don't work well with the theme.

For starters, your menu font. It's not really a zen-y kind of font, and if anything, you'd be better served embossing a handwritten font into the rocks.

The monk dude himself looks pretty cool, but well...you're not a dude, and I think a lot of people would expect you to be one. Yes, that's chauvinist, but web design and IT are also male-dominated industries, so it's the harsh reality of your situation.

Splash page: bad idea. Having one is a death sentence in most cases. People don't like the extra clickthrough. Think of "get to the f**king point" and you'll understand how most people are.

Tables: baaaaaaaaaaad. No tables for layout. None. Tables bad. Divs, unordered lists, and other appropriate elements with use of CSS...good. Use CSS + divs. CSS + divs good. I Tarzan, you Amber.
    Thanks for the review Game, it's much appreciated. I went to a community college, and let's just say the education was lacking. I know what I'm doing in general, but the methods all seem to be outdated (using tables for positioning). I now plan to eliminate the tables and redo the site using more CSS. I myself hate tables too. I don't like the menu font, but I had a handwritten one and it was hard to read on top of the rocks. I only settled for it because I wanted something not common and bold at the same time. I'll do some more font searching.

Yes... I'm not a male. That much is true. However, I had a lot of problems finding a monk holding a laptop as it was... much less a female! Haha... I'll see about looking around even more, but I'm not sure how fast that will be changed. I wondered about the splash page as well. You backed up the "maybe I shouldn't do that" voice that was lingering in the back of my mind. Thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No problem. Keep plugging away!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I think the splash page is very creative. Only thing is that I would make the Enter link a little more prominent...

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I came up with a new idea after some looking around... what do you think?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Is that a picture of you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads