Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello All,
    So, I'm new to the site, and I've been creeping around reading some of the great suggestions and feedback that you all give. I would absolutely love it if you could take a look at a site that I've been working on and let me know what you think. The HTML/CSS may not be 100% valid (still a work in progress)... and the content is still being worked on (has anyone else had to wait 4 months for verbiage?!)

On a side note, the phone/email lines in the top right won't stay put in IE Compatibility mode... Any suggestions? I can't figure out where i'm going wrong...

Thanks so much!!!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    First things first - I like your avatar image.

So your #contact doesn't move around too much, try using fixed positioning instead of absolute, should have the same effect.
    I like your color scheme and your clean and simple layout.
    Here's where I have a couple suggestions:
    • Although it's sort of apparent in your address, it's not obvious at a glance what your site is for. Try making it clear that you do design right off the bat.
    • The 'our designs' and 'our services' pages are walls of text. Try putting something in that will break it up a little. For example, the 'our clients' page has pictures with headers, and it looks nice and organized.
    • I'm not sure about the importance of this one, but try putting in some text on the contact page. Don't leave them hanging there with just a form.

Otherwise, it's a pretty neat site and I like it very much.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The relationship between: excitement, passion, planning and the titles of your pages via the navigation bar are confusing. For example, the About us page and the "What We Do" under Our Designs. It seems it should all be together, or you should change the title of the page.
    I'm an art director crossing paths between print and web design.
    http://www.ballardstudio.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for the feedback!!

@BallardStudio - I think the navigation is confusing as well. I've tried explaining this to her, but she's set on using "Excitement - Passion - Planning". It's like a second navigation, but to the exact same links at the top!! They were originally supposed to link to the three types of events she plans, but she changed her business plan.... I think i'm going to try harder to convince her to go back to the original plan.

@George - *sipping my coffee as i'm typing* Thank you for the fixed position suggestion. I'll change that and see if that works!

Thanks guys!! Have a great night!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    If it doesn't, tell me and I'll come up with other solutions..
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Tell your client that the navigation became so confusing, you had users wanting to leave the site.
    I'm an art director crossing paths between print and web design.
    http://www.ballardstudio.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello again, George I got it to stay put! I did a position:fixed; top:50px; left:900px; and it stays! The position:absolute; kept it visible while scrolling down the page. Thank you again for your input guys!
    George Dolidze likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Damn Firefox erased my comments so I'll retype them quickly before I go to bed.

Title tags. You need them. Use them.

box ids should be classes. ids are meant for individual elements on a page. classes are meant for multiple element use. (Yes, I'm aware of the lowercase usage here...it's by design.)

Looks like you're copy/pasting from Word and it's creating formatting errors in Firefox caused by invalid punctuation marks.

My big problem is that the narrative is confusing. It goes from "we" to "I" to third-person narrative. This should be more consistent.

No real thoughts other than those.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads