Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.8 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Hello, my name is Cooper. If anyone has time, I'd really appreciate some feedback, constructive criticism, or harsh truth about my website. I just recently started teaching myself HTML and CSS, and this is the first thing I've ever made. I know it's not the greatest yet - but I built everything from scratch in a text editor and, like I said, it's my first go at web design.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]But I can take some criticism, and in fact would prefer it to hearing that my site is already good. I'm not too worried about SEO and that stuff since most people will probably be arriving at my site on referall from me. If you want to comment on the code and such that's fine and appreciated, but I'm more concerned about the content, layout, and design (I know there's one error in the CSS; I forgot to fix it before uploading).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]But really, I'd be very appreciatve of any time you took to look at it, so whatever you feel like critiquing is just fine! Thanks a lot guys![/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]-Cooper[/COLOR]

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I like it! It's really creative. My only "huh?" moment was that you said "sized accordingly" I don't think that is the right word

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 215558
    I like it! It's really creative. My only "huh?" moment was that you said "sized accordingly" I don't think that is the right word
    A better sentence would explain it this way : "the link sizes are relative to how well I can do them".
    But in fact, to make it easier for the visitor to understand, they should be listed with the ones you are best at first, and going down to the ones you are least good at - then you could simply say "listed according to my abilities".

Also, you may want to consider a darker outline ( a medium grey, perhaps) on the white font for your HI There, Skills, About, Math and Work images. It owuld make them more readable on the light background.

I do love your monster - he is way too cool!
    Good work for a first try, keep it up!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    You said you don't want to hear it, but too bad. I don't have any criticisms, and I really like the site. Even though you say you are new, it looks professionally done. And it's pretty fun to look at too
    Even the resume looks nice. What did you use to design it?
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well...it's different. And it looks cool. The problem that I see is that you seem to be at cross purposes.

You've got your resume up there, which means you're looking for a job (or something else resembling work). But you're also a math graduate. So are you looking to be hired by a company that would utilize your math talents or a company using your creative ones? If you're looking for the latter (e.g. looking to be hired by say a "creative" web design agency), you've probably nailed it because everything's creative and random and abstract. If you're looking for a job where you'd be say a statistician or something like that, you've probably missed the boat completely because everything's creative and random and abstract.

The white text on light background looks alright, but is very tough to read...particularly against the light blue. I can barely tell what it says.

I have other thoughts on the content specifically, but they're contingent upon understanding who your target market is.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    I think it's just meant as a personal site, but I don't know why the resume is there.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm not sure about that. If it's a personal site, there wouldn't be the need to refer anyone as such. It would just be a hobby.

But that's what I mean about cross purposes. Is it a personal site? Is it a site designed to get the guy hired as an artist? Or as a mathemagician? What's the deal?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Math is magic. Or, at least, that's what I tell my teacher when I don't get it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No, Math Suks.

George Dolidze likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 215789
    Math is magic. Or, at least, that's what I tell my teacher when I don't get it.
    George Dolidze likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads