Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My e-commerce site is on webs.com. I don't know html so I am limited to what their templates allow me to do.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    So you want us to tell you if you did a good job using someone else's design?
    DanExcell likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 216645
    So you want us to tell you if you did a good job using someone else's design?
    I am not a website designer. I was looking for advice.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Advice ? On using templates ? I don't understand. I rarely review sites, as most developers and designers put a lot of effort into something original, and I don't want to hurt their feelings.

So rate a template that you didn't even design ?

Member #
    Is this forum only for designers? I thought I could learn something here.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rikoshaprl, post: 216713
    Is this forum only for designers? I thought I could learn something here.
    Well, you posted to a ratings and review forum, and did not ask a question, so I'm not sure what it is you want to learn. You can learn here, certainly - but as the name says - it is webdesignforums.net

We welcome all who want to learn - but what is it you want to learn? If you are limited to using a template, there is not much you can do about the design.

If you want to learn HTML and CSS so you can design your own, we will be happy to help you find all the resources you need to learn it.
    rikoshaprl likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 216721
    Well, you posted to a ratings and review forum, and did not ask a question, so I'm not sure what it is you want to learn. You can learn here, certainly - but as the name says - it is webdesignforums.net

We welcome all who want to learn - but what is it you want to learn? If you are limited to using a template, there is not much you can do about the design.

If you want to learn HTML and CSS so you can design your own, we will be happy to help you find all the resources you need to learn it.
    I thought I could add things to my website even though it is a template. There is an edit feature that uses HTML. I am learning that maybe that can not be done.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Suggest that if you want to learn, first decide what you want to learn, w3schools is a good place to start.

Look at HTML and CSS resources. Then try some things that you read about, if you have problems understanding or implementing, come back to the forums , and post your question in the appropriate forum.

This is the rate and review section, you only use this one if you have the site up and want people to tell you how good, bad or whatever.

When you post a question, general questions with no specifics will get few answers.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Actually, you are learning something...you're learning just how restrictive templated hosting truly is. It's great for a My First Website sort of deal, but as you grow and expand your website and figure out the things you want in it, you will inevitably outgrow your plan. At that point, what you're going to have to do is what Webzarus said...figure out what you're trying to accomplish with your site, work toward learning those things, do as much as you can on your own through research and experimentation (no matter what, this is always the best way) and use forums such as this one to supplement your knowledge and fill in any missing pieces.
    rikoshaprl likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    ...figure out what you're trying to accomplish with your site, work toward learning those things, do as much as you can on your own through research and experimentation (no matter what, this is always the best way) and use forums such as this one to supplement your knowledge and fill in any missing pieces
    I joined this forum after just barely learning how to hand code HTML and I was just starting on CSS. I've been using this forum as a place to learn and get tips. Now, I'm building websites that are 100x better than before.

If you want to truly learn about web design, stick around here and you will learn a lot. As past comments have mentioned, W3Schools is one of the best resources online for learning. If you study/work hard, stay active on this forum, and research on W3Schools, in a few months, you won't need poorly designed templates.
    rikoshaprl and m3n0tu18 like this.
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads