Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i wasn't planning on posting my site--it's in its early stage--but i'm doing it mainly to find out how it runs on most computers.

it's damn slow on my computer, which has a 450mhz and crappy graphics card. when multiple animations run simultaneously, they all lag.

even on my brother's 1.8ghz, the clouds stop moving when i scroll the text. the buttons don't seem to hog too much resource.

if anyone could look at the design, then tell me how it runs on his computer and also tell me his computer's processor speed and the quality of its graphics card, i'd really appreciate it.

i'm also wondering what to sacrifice or change to increase the speed of the animations. or if i should just leave it.

thanks

ps. forgive the site's mediocrity, lack of a preloader, zero content, unorganization, etc.--i only just started the site and kinda new to flash. i'm currently tweaking and testing stuff. right now, i just want to find out how it runs. thanks again

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    im on a 350 megahertz and it loaded up fine. The only thing that took forever was that little ball floating across the screen for 2 mins till it got to the tube -.-

Since your in your early stage im not gonna critique it

Its a start though keep it up
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    it loaded up pretty well on my machine. just add a preloader and you'll be fine.

looks pretty good too.

Member #
    it ran great on my machine.. and loaded under 2 seconds.. but im on cable, with an AMD XP 2700+ and 512 ram and gf3 *shrug*.

its quite an interesting design, the way the links work..
    but maybe have the balls go faster, the further to the right the link is ?

so they all take the same time as the far left one.. just a thought
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    The right link takes a while to load :P
    but apart from that my PC loaded it instantly (Windows XP 2800 AMD Athlon with 500K etc broadband)
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    hey, thanks, all, for the comments. i wasn't asking for comments on the design itself, but since some of you mentioned that you'd like the balls to go faster... lol. so, i guess i'll tweak that. i have all the time in the world, though--i can afford to waste time seeing the balls float slowly away. :P

i'm glad the designloaded quickly for most of you. i guess only a few of us still use crappy machines (grommet--350?!). anyway, because of that, i won't sacrifice any graphics, then. besides, i've decreased the size as much as i can.

thanks again

Member #
    Did you remove the link from this thread?

Member #
    yeh, sorry, i did. i rather make greater progress first, and then post it again.

edit--you can remove this thread, if you want.

Remove Ads