Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Simply put, it is mainly about selling electronic books dealing in fantasy (there is only one for now). The link has pictures of shirtless people which could count as not really being so safe for work. Thank you very much for reading this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    This seems to have changed a little since you first posted, but hopefully you're still looking for advice.

The externally hosted image didn't work for me, although that could be down to access restrictions from the machine I'm using. I'd recommend using locally hosted images unless there's a copyright reason for you not doing so - the image will load faster and keeping things local means your content is more reliable because no-one else can control it.

I recommend that you look more into .css for styling. Simplicity is usually a good thing, but your site is too simple. .css will help you phrase your text where speech is inserted and will allow you to keep a uniform style between the pages of your site (with reference to the 'Where Dragons Only Dare!' link). As a start I'd get away from using Time New Roman typeface and revisit your colour scheme to increase accessibility.

If the date of 26/09/11 at the top of the page is correct I would think about updating more regularly to keep your content fresh and current, perhaps once a month if you have real pressures on your time - it's one way that your site will get noticed and has been said to increase a pagerank.

'Please send your comments to:' at the foot of the page doesn't display any further information or link. As a quick fix I would replace the text with the following:

<a href="mailto:youremailaddress@yourdomain.whatever" alt="opens an email message to get in touch">Please send us your comments</a>

which is a basic link to send an email message with an alt tag to describe the link to a visitor who has impaired sight.

Remove Ads