Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this website.

Url to my company site - [Edit: link removed. Your URL is linked above in the "View Site" box. AlphaMare.]

We are mainly a web design and development company dealing in custom web development, mainly e-commerce sites, small and big business websites, wordpress based blogs and websites, Joomla components, Magento stores and any other custom requirement.

I would like to know your honest review about the latest design and content of our newly updated website, and hoping for constructive criticism, in order to make it better!

Regards
    Ashish

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashish Goel, post: 218604
    Hello Everybody,

I am new to this website.

Url to my company site - [Edit: link removed. Your URL is linked above in the "View Site" box. AlphaMare.]

We are mainly a web design and development company dealing in custom web development, mainly e-commerce sites, small and big business websites, wordpress based blogs and websites, Joomla components, Magento stores and any other custom requirement.

I would like to know your honest review about the latest design and content of our newly updated website, and hoping for constructive criticism, in order to make it better!

Regards
    Ashish
    Your site is quite nice, simple but professional design.

One thing I would say is that I think you should make all the boxes in the footer the same size

Other than that it looks great

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the thumbs up, I will certainly look into making the boxes all the same size.

Regards
    Ashish

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I notice it is the Athena theme for Wordpress, it's a very good theme so the general design can't be commented on too much.

The 'Develop' navbar link sits 1px below the others, and although it's so minimal it does stand out to me. The fix is: to remove the top border from ".sf-with-ul".

I think I agree about making the boxes the same size. Just make all their height about [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(200, 0, 0)]height[/COLOR]: 443px; [/COLOR]on all footer boxes.

You need an element of colour on all your other pages. The home page looks great but most of the others just look empty.

Also, you don't need socialize in your sidebar, as it's already in the footer. I'd replace it with maybe a latest portfolio piece or something which can have a picture.

On a usability point of view, I'd AJAX the portfolio pagination, it doesn't suit a page refresh.

Finally, I don't think the pictures on your home page slider aren't up to scratch with the site. It should be simpler and sharper. You're text on the images generally isn't very readable. At the moment some of them look really low quality, especially the one with cut off computer screens.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    Mark Gannaway Software Developer

Recent Experiments
    - Backpropogation Neural Network language solving (http://ann.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Animated image to ASCII (http://google.ganners.co.uk/)
    - 3D Paper Characters (http://cybergame.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Anagram solving (http://roflol.co.uk/)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I like the website, very soft aura about it, very clean and simple design yet effective. The middle section where the blog post is, maybe fill it up with more post across? It looks a little empty. Also I agree with making the boxes in the footer the same size to make it look balance. The quality of the rotating images don't look so good, kind of brings down the quality of the website. Instead of those type of stock images why not create some icons or something. Other that that everything else looks fine I suppose.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @Ganners Thanks for the great suggestions. I really think I will incorporate them as soon as possible.

And thanks for pointing out the solutions, along with the problems. It is rather easy to tell someone about the issues, but I appreciate the fact that you have suggested the solutions as well.

About the portfolio page, I think it does need some AJAX slider plugin to be implemented, can you suggest any good ones. I would like it to be a scrolling carousel sort of thing.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 218655
    I like the website, very soft aura about it, very clean and simple design yet effective. Custom built WordPress Theme right? The middle section where the blog post is, maybe fill it up with more post across? It looks a little empty. Also I agree with making the boxes in the footer the same size to make it look balance. The quality of the rotating images don't look so good, kind of brings down the quality of the website. Instead of those type of stock images why not create some icons or something. Other that that everything else looks fine I suppose.
    Thanks for thumbs up, It is a wordpress theme that has been customized to fulfil our requirements.

About the blog posts, the website has just been launched, and we would surely be doing some more posts pretty soon.

Quality of the rotating images is a bit of a concern, will have to surely do something about it.
    Perhaps some better quality stock images are needed to go with it.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I love minimalism designs, the site looks great. Just curious to know why didn't you just roll your own custom theme?
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I think a little jQuery should be fine for the AJAX without going into plugins. Let me show you how!

Okay, so first thing is you'd need to do is set the <a> links for the page numbers to href="#", else you'd never see your AJAX actually work. Then you'd want to put something like this:

Code:
    <script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {

jQuery('.emm-page').click(function() {

var pageNum = jQuery(this).html();
        jQuery.ajax({
            url: 'http://www.czonetechnologies.com/portfolio/page/'+ pageNum +'/',
             success:function(results)
              {
                    result = jQuery(results).find("#full_width_page_content");
                    jQuery('#full_width_page_content').html(result);
              }
            });
            false;
        });
    });
    </script>
    In your footer somewhere. And that should be it for a basic AJAX pagination.

Actually, scratch that. Just Have:

Code:
    <script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    jQuery('.emm-page').attr('href', '#');
    jQuery('.emm-page').click(function() {

var pageNum = jQuery(this).html();
        jQuery.ajax({
            url: 'http://www.czonetechnologies.com/portfolio/page/'+ pageNum +'/',
             success:function(results)
              {
                    result = jQuery(results).find("#full_width_page_content");
                    jQuery('#full_width_page_content').html(result);
              }
            });
            false;
        });
    });
    </script>
    And you won't even need to change the <a> tags, javascript can do it for you. That way if the user doesn't have JS the site will still work for them.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    Mark Gannaway Software Developer

Recent Experiments
    - Backpropogation Neural Network language solving (http://ann.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Animated image to ASCII (http://google.ganners.co.uk/)
    - 3D Paper Characters (http://cybergame.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Anagram solving (http://roflol.co.uk/)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    @Ganners can you be more of a genius!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads