Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. Looking for some feedback on my new portfolio site. Please take a look and let me know what you think! Some things I'm looking for specific feedback on are:
    • Is it clear what I'm offering?
    • Is the site easy to navigate?
    • From a customer's point of view, are you getting the information you seek?
    • Is the content appealing?
    • What can I improve upon?

All feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your help!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Wow really beautiful, love the colors! I say yes to everything. Was this theme customized or is this a custom built theme?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I completely customized the theme, down to the last pixel! I am a designer after all. I'm glad you like it! Much appreciated.
    MYIWDesigns and m3n0tu18 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I rarely critique sites, but the image of the site intrigued me enough to click the link...

Yes, very intuitive, easy enough to navigate and no confusion on what each page is about.

Very nice for a WP layout, one of the few I've seen this nice.

I really liked and appreciated the fact that you actually do have something for those that don't have flash installed, and don't try to force it on to users to view the site.... one of the best implementations I've seen in a while.

Now for the negative:

I dialed the number, got a disconnected cell phone. went to your contact page I understood: "Windsor, ON, CAN".... and that's why when you search for "web design windsor ontario" your site doesn't show up on google or anywhere else for that matter.

Then I looked here: http://laurenlund.com/robots.txt and understand why no search engines are really indexing your site....

this will keep all legitimate search engines from indexing your pages:

Code:
    User-agent: *
    Disallow:
    don't know if it's intentional ( can think of a reason why ), or accidental ( some developers put this in to keep their sites from being indexed during the development phase and forget to take it out )

if you open that up, spell out your location, put good descriptive titles on all the pages.... possibly some long tailed keywords on the meta tags....

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I am not a fan of Cu3R, but for some reason I do not mind it on your site. Outside of that, I am really digging the customization. Nice work.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Nice color choices!!!I like it..How you do the background colors for your home page..I just saw one image color..And what thing I suggest is to have it Search engine...It was on wordpress so theres a sweet plug in you can used in there..

Thumbs Up for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    OK - I'm off to redesign my site - you're an inspiration!
    m3n0tu18 and LaurenLund like this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenLund, post: 219953
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. Looking for some feedback on my new portfolio site. Please take a look and let me know what you think! Some things I'm looking for specific feedback on are:
    • Is it clear what I'm offering?
    • Is the site easy to navigate?
    • From a customer's point of view, are you getting the information you seek?
    • Is the content appealing?
    • What can I improve upon?

All feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your help!
    Fantastic design there Lauren, very bright and attractive site. Keep up the good work
    LaurenLund likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Wow, thank you everyone! I really appreciate the help and the feedback. I'm just getting started as a full-time freelancer so every bit of praise is very motivational to me. It means a lot!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 219978
    I rarely critique sites, but the image of the site intrigued me enough to click the link...

Yes, very intuitive, easy enough to navigate and no confusion on what each page is about.

Very nice for a WP layout, one of the few I've seen this nice.

I really liked and appreciated the fact that you actually do have something for those that don't have flash installed, and don't try to force it on to users to view the site.... one of the best implementations I've seen in a while.

Now for the negative:

I dialed the number, got a disconnected cell phone. went to your contact page I understood: "Windsor, ON, CAN".... and that's why when you search for "web design windsor ontario" your site doesn't show up on google or anywhere else for that matter.

Then I looked here: http://laurenlund.com/robots.txt and understand why no search engines are really indexing your site....

this will keep all legitimate search engines from indexing your pages:

Code:
    User-agent: *
    Disallow:
    don't know if it's intentional ( can think of a reason why ), or accidental ( some developers put this in to keep their sites from being indexed during the development phase and forget to take it out )

if you open that up, spell out your location, put good descriptive titles on all the pages.... possibly some long tailed keywords on the meta tags....
    Thanks for your input. I will be looking into this right away!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads