Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Everyone,
    I was asked to redo this site and was hoping for some feedback from people in the industry before I give my recommendations.
    What would you do to make this site better?

Thanks,
    MJ

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    First, what hit me is Comic Sans. Never use that font. It's a curse on any website.
    Ok, starting from the top:
    • the logo is good. But the space to the right of it is empty. I think it would be beneficial if you put in a short description, or a testimonial in italics.
    • most of the pictures in the flash slideshow are pixelated. If you can get better quality, that's good, but otherwise, you might as well take the slideshow out, and put in some nice header pictures.
    • make the navigation bigger. It looks squished in between the top slideshow and the bottom giant picture.
    • instead of red, i think it would benefit you to make the navigation same color as one of the colors in the logo. hopefully a darker color, you don't want it to stick out too much. this is because there's too much red that hits the eye.
    • take the blue out of the font. is an ugly basic color, and besides, it's usually reserved for links.
    • make the headers (benefits of yoga, etc) stand out more by creatively styling the text
    • the announcement you have at the bottom is sort of hidden. maybe you can use a jquery news slider for that?
    • i'm not sure what that navigation right after the announcement is. Activities? additional classes? You might want to specify.
    • the copy of the navigation at the bottom is alright, but make it look more like links instead of plain text.
    • auto playing video = BAD. When I opened the 'classes' page, i almost closed it after sound started playing.
    • on some pages like 'yoga info', it's beneficial to use some color in the text, to break it up.
    • i like your gallery
    • the pink font on the contact page is a bit random. consider a font that matches your color scheme.
    • the blog's empty, but you probably already knew that.

So that's that.. Sorry I got a little carried away with the review. Hope you don't mind lots of feedback
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    George, thanks so much. I don't mind lots of feedback at all. You hit a lot of good points. Thanks so much for your time.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Glad to help. Listen to what others say, see how it goes

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    The very first thing that struck me was the RED. it is a hot, and sometimes angry colour. I would go find a restful, peaceful colour scheme, and base the design on that. Some good tools for choosing colours are listed in this article.

There's too much moving, flashing stuff on the site - calm it down - yoga should evoke serenity, calm, balance. Look for a way to layout the site so that one idea flows into the next in a logical hierarchy.

Maybe Google some yoga sites and take a look at the competition - see what you like and what you don't. If you find a colour palette you like, you can use this tool to find what the colours actually are.

And always remember you are looking through the eyes, not of your client, but of their potential clients.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    I also suggest for a color scheme take a look at picture 15 in your gallery, use the room colors for the site colorscheme =)
    MaryJo likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Absolutely amazing site for colors
    m3n0tu18 and Andrew Yurlov like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 220834
    The very first thing that struck me was the RED. it is a hot, and sometimes angry colour. I would go find a restful, peaceful colour scheme, and base the design on that. Some good tools for choosing colours are listed in this article.

There's too much moving, flashing stuff on the site - calm it down - yoga should evoke serenity, calm, balance. Look for a way to layout the site so that one idea flows into the next in a logical hierarchy.

Maybe Google some yoga sites and take a look at the competition - see what you like and what you don't. If you find a colour palette you like, you can use this tool to find what the colours actually are.

And always remember you are looking through the eyes, not of your client, but of their potential clients.
    Totally agree with the Red. It is overpowering. Thanks for the suggestions and the insight about looking at the site from the customers potential clients. Great advise.
    Thanks so much!
    MJ

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yellow and oranges are good colors for spirituality as well as blues. Try pulling colors from your photos.

Member #
    Light blue, sky blue color will suit.
    because spirituality will be good in these colors.
    you can say its the attractive tool for anyone and you can understand how your pictures looks in blue or sky blue..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads