Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Do you like the new design of my website;

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Alexandros Itsios's Avatar
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, i'd like some more opinions regarding my website. Right now i have a template i bought from template monster. My site is StigmaHost. A few days ago we started the redesign of our site. The new design can be seen here - http://www.stigmahost.com/images/stigma.jpg

Any reviews would be much appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Would you like reviews for the old or the new design? Why post both?
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    No, I can't agree with this website as it is meant to relate to what your website offers. Think about this. What do the graphics have to do with the service being offered here? Please provide an explanation because I can't think of one. I saw the old site, and thought it was very well done and professional. Now that sort of thing is going to persuade me if I were to do business with you. You have images that depict computer equipment meant to run on servers. Compare that with the images that seem like they would be found in a children's book. It's nice though that both sites offer multilingual versions though. It's important to connect with worldwide users nowadays. Especially since we are on the world wide web. Honestly brother, I would keep with the old site.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisHPZ, post: 220884
    No, I can't agree with this website as it is meant to relate to what your website offers. Think about this. What do the graphics have to do with the service being offered here? Please provide an explanation because I can't think of one. I saw the old site, and thought it was very well done and professional. Now that sort of thing is going to persuade me if I were to do business with you. You have images that depict computer equipment meant to run on servers. Compare that with the images that seem like they would be found in a children's book. It's nice though that both sites offer multilingual versions though. It's important to connect with worldwide users nowadays. Especially since we are on the world wide web. Honestly brother, I would keep with the old site.
    I wouldn't keep the old site. It's a template that looks extremely similar to many other ones.
    I love the looks of the new site, but as Chris pointed out, it's pretty unrelated to hosting. Maybe if you said you were "green"? But then you'd have to back that claim up somehow.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    You don't like the old site George? I dig it, but you do have something here about being a "green web hosting company". Alexandros, is the service your site provides environmentally friendly? And if so, you might do well to add content stating such. Also if it's within your ability and whatever contract your held by in the use of the template, maybe modify it somewhat with some of the graphics from the old site and the colors and layout of the new site. Just a thought. Any idea can be improved and built upon. Had the good sir George not replied to my post, I wouldn't be here expanding on his ideas. This is a community forum here. The whole point if this website is to help others, or just to throw ideas out there.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    I don't like it because it is extremely unoriginal. I've seen almost the exact same site at least once on these forums alone. All hosting templates look similar.
    Having said that, I'm not sure how original the second one is.

Member #
    hi, thank your answers guys! i really appreciate it!
    The template that i have now installed is a template from template monster. The new one (http://www.stigmahost.com/images/stigma.jpg) is the one we created inhouse.
    What we want to achive with the new layout is to create something that will help users to navigate easier and make them remember our site, that's why we created a mascot. Having a template that looks like the other web hosting companies, is bad for branding i guess.
    So what we try to achive here is to make the visitors remember our site, but make it easier to navigate and ofcource to increase our sales
    Also, the idea of the redesign came when i saw the template of http://www.fatcow.com/ it's simple and easy to navigate, plus you remember it.
    Regarding the environmental part, yes my company uses green energy for the servers.
    Any comments good or bad would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Well, if it's original, I think you should use it. I mean, it looks really well done, and it's quite memorable.

Member #
    Would you change or add anything? what do you like/dislike in the new theme?

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Well, a couple things:
    • the logo doesn't match the site too well. come up with one that involves either the bee, nature or both.
    • I would put a white background with low opacity behind important text.

I guess that's it... I lik everything else about it. Especially the bottom, where the sidewalk in the park leads off into the back - that's a very good design aspect.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads