Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Is ChrisHPZ a geek with no talent, or a talentless wannabe geek?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • The first one

0 0%
  • Neither of them

2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone, it's that time again. Please check me out

http://cdemarco1.mydevryportfolio.com/home.html

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Imma do a quick one before I go to class :
    • I don't really like the logo.. It seems unrelated, and I'm not a fan of those colors.
    • Use something other than basic text links in your nav
    • the gradiented section at the bottom makes the bottom look disjointed
    • use more colors - the overall site is pretty gray
    • highly suggest getting a contact form!! you might turn away some clients with that oldie emailing link. forms are easy - i can even make one for you if you want.

That's it! I like everything else about the site
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Ok George, thanks and learn something

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisHPZ, post: 220891
    Ok George, thanks and learn something
    No problem!
    And I learned quite a lot, thank you

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    I agree with George with what he said. I would like to add my perspective though:
    1. George is right, the logo needs to be simple but effective, that way you can put it on business cards and clients WILL remember you.
    2. Use Tahoma at 0.8em instead of the font you have currently, it will improve the look of the site.
    3. The "web design layouts section" doesnt work correctly. When you scroll your mouse over the image a bigger image appears in the wrong place. You need to edit the code to allow the image to track where the user has been scrolling.
    4. Find a better closer picture of you, the one you currently have there is too blurred and too dark.
    5. Why do you have the Adobe Systems Incorporated section on your index? Its not needed and will detract the client away from your site to go to theirs.
    6. Move to copyright notice to an Iframe with a Link saying Copyright instead of the text being there...
    7. Linked in and Devry university links need to be smaller and remove the background from Linked In, it makes it look tacky.
    8. Put links to other sites within another page called Links rather than it being in the footer like it is...
    9. photoshop - make the images bigger, some clients do not like clicking images in case they cant get back to the main site.
    10. Flash - change the buttons you have there to something more readable and less ovaly. It just looks tacky.
    11. Check the animated actionscript, it doesn't work correctly in Google Chrome.
    12. To be honest, you don't really need to show what flash works you do, mainly because browsers are now moving away from flash to Jquery and Jscript which is more efficient. It would be more profitable if you were to learn and put a portfolio of those rather than flash.
    13. - After Effects - Move the video so it is centred rather than left aligned. It will help use up the blank space.
    14. - Photography - Find a Jquery/Jscript plugin for a slideshow, Flash should only really be used for videos rather than galleries.
    15. - Contact - Create a contact form or at the very least change your email to "yourname at yourdomain dot com" this will prevent spammers.
    16. Get your own domain name, clients WILL NOT put in that lengthy URL just to see your site. Also it allows you to be able to use Yourname@yourdomain.com email rather than a gmail account (it will make it look more professional)
    17. You dont need the same footer information on every page, a simple Copyright 2011 CD Visionary Designs will survice.
    18. Change the color scheme to something other than grey, the more vectorised and lighter the colors the better in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    16. Get your own domain name, clients WILL NOT put in that lengthy URL just to see your site. Also it allows you to be able to use Yourname@yourdomain.com email rather than a gmail account (it will make it look more professional)
    Yes we had to put our websites on our university's server. Nothing I could do about that part.
    My site looks gray? I thought it was blue. Guess there really is some truth to 10% of males suffering some degree of color blindness. You guys are so right about the contact page. Quite honestly I ran out of time to get this done by the deadline. Started working on a PHP contact form last night, be done today.

14. - Photography - Find a Jquery/Jscript plugin for a slideshow, Flash should only really be used for videos rather than galleries.
    Guess I can use a dreamweaver widget unless you guys know of other resources. Jquery is not something I ever had anything to do with. So I'm really at a loss at searching for resources for it.

11. Check the animated actionscript, it doesn't work correctly in Google Chrome.
    What's going on with it on your end?

Great input guys, I do appreciate real-world opinions coming from real people instead of professors who are paid to tell students what they want to hear.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Great input guys, I do appreciate real-world opinions coming from real people instead of professors who are paid to tell students what they want to hear.
    That's why we're here! None of my teachers are very competent either. I taught half the web design class last year, in fact.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I did get a hold of a javascript script that loads images as they are clicked on. Also purchased a domain name. It's so nice to be able to upload stuff within Dw in one shot instead of the university server we had to use. The revised site can be found here.

http://www.cdemarco.com/photoshop.html

Remove Ads