Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

R Newnham Web Design

Check out the latest redesign :cheeky:
    Comments wuld be greatly appreciated - whether good or bad??

EDIT - changed URL to stop pop-ups problems
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    its a good design but its just too blue.
    Experiment with colors a bit more.

also, how about some rollovers? that would liven it up a bit.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Its pretty good but kina over simplistic, add some more graphics or something. And i agree with buntime its a little too blue. Also the "Web Design" In your header should be a different color.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i agree with Grommet and buntine definatly spruce it up and experiment with colours..

i do on the other hand like your navigation at the top but use them roleovers to make it pretty

o and it fits bang on for 800 X 600 so thats gd always nice to see ...

so overall its very cool lookin
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    yer, i agree with grommet. It is a pretty simple design..

Also, i dont want to sound rude but i think you might be rushing into the web design industry a bit quick.
    Reasons:

- As you stated, you arent capable of scripting in any language. Knowing atleast one server-side language is very important for web designers. Especially as the web becomes more popular.

- You use Frontpage.
    Frontpage definetely isnt the best tool for create professional websites.

- Your using a freewebs.com sub domain.
    This doesnt give your site a professional feel.

- Lots of spelling errors through-out the site.
    Again, this doesnt portray a professional web presence.

dont take this in a negative way. Im just trying to give you some advice.

Overall, your site has potential but you need to get down the basics first. Likewise, you also have potential as a very good web developer but i think you may be rushing.
    Im not telling you to stop making the site, by all means, go for it. But i dont think you will get much work.. especially now that you competing against every other web design studio in the country.

Just keep at it.

p.s if this post offends you, just tell me and i will delete it before everyone sees it.

Member #
    Thanks for the comments.

I Suppose rollovers would liven it up a bit. :cross-eyed: and they would probably make people realise that they are links.

Does anyone have any ideas abouth ow to make it less simplistic??

And also, How quickly does it load on people's machine at the moment, just so I know how much I can expand of the images side of things? Anyone with 56k Dial-Ups like to answer this one especially please.

I realise about the domain - if I decide to do it professionally, which, I must say, I might not do, then I definately wouldn't use a free subdomain - definately a .co.uk domain, or perhaps I might go for a .com domain to get more customers.

Colours - I don't really know what colours go with Blue, as I don't have a colour wheel? Anyone??

What is the best language to learn in the web design industry? I have plenty of time to do it, so I could spend time doing it. I taught myself HTML before.

I suppose by saying that I use Frontpage is that I should be using Dreamweaver? If so, I find Dreamweaver a lot more complicated, but I am beginning to learn the basics of it, I just have to get to real grips with it and get myself a full version, so far i've only got a trial

Thanks for the comments kirman - I designed it so that it wuld fit in because myslef I often don't scroll more than two screen lengths down, so By condensing the pages I find it easier to unserstand.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    i would suggest that you learn php, asp, cgi or coldfusion.
    have a quick look at all 4 of them and then decide. My personal favourites are cgi and asp. But most people would say php.

To make it less simplistic you should intergrate more images into the design, especially the body.

And when i said that using frontpage was not good. What i meant was that you should not use any WUSISWUG html editor. You should hard code it.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    if u find it kinda hard coding straight from html... i suggest using Dreamweaver or HTML-Kit as they are two good tools to use and im no preffesional but i get some good results and people are starting to look at my work and think wow..

first languages i learnt were html,and javascript.. now teachin myself mysql and php...

definately add more images maybe put all your text to the right and have an image goin down the left?

That blue is kinda mixin in well but its a bit other the top..(too much) why dont you keep the blue background and put some nested tables in there and have the background to them white with a css border rnd it and have your txt black... should look cool i imagine.,.

just an idea give it a shot

Member #
    That blue is kinda mixin in well but its a bit other the top..(too much) why dont you keep the blue background and put some nested tables in there and have the background to them white with a css border rnd it and have your txt black... should look cool i imagine.,.
    Can you explain a bit more please? I'm a little confused

definately add more images maybe put all your text to the right and have an image goin down the left?
    That way I would have to have scrolling in my pages, do you think that is okay?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    lol sorry if that was a bit confusing...

take a look at wot i've drawn... just put your footer at the bottom of the page and wollah no need for an im iframe

you can put anything in that box on the left wheather its a long image or a pattern with a few images in it maybe shots of your work.. anything...

http://www28.brinkster.com/ps2reloaded/wdf.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads