Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How's My Site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've had the site for awhile, just gave it a little CSS upgrade, utilizing some code and blah blah.

It's basically a blog site that also hosts our movies, and my "travels" section..ha.

Craziness at a glance......

Queued Talent
    Look to the cookie Elaine....look to the cookie.

http://www.queuedtalent.com

Member #
    Like the graphic work, but the banner is a little tall, IMO, and the navigation is too far down teh page. Nice pics though. :-p

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i like it first thing to catch my attention was the banner its like "LOOK AT ME" which is a good thing and its nice and clear but as suggested above cud do with being a tadd smaller and your nav being moved up

1 thing i did notice was half way down your page you have a "CLICK ME LINK" and its overlapping some txt which makes it look out of place... just bung a <P> tag in your code near that and should be fine..

i like the pics aswel good job
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    fantastic graphic work!!
    im gettin alot of horizontal scrolling on 800x600

lol, you have some pretty funny content. especially the one about china

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yea deffinatly good graphics . I like that trail you have too, Nice banner....go down a bit...wet hot chick....go down a bit more...more hot chick action :P.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Its good, my only comment is that im on 1024x768 and there horizontal scrolling
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    Thanks guys. Im gonna address some stuff:

800x600. I'm sorry about the scrolling. I knew there would be on that resolution ( the site is 900px wide). Its just one of those sacrifices I made. BUt , between you and me, i bet those ladies look HOT AND HUGE with that res.

1024x768: I have no clue why you have horz scrolling. The site should NOT have horz scrolling on that res. Make sure your browser is maximized??? No idea what to say.

Top banner: yeah its big ( 900x210 ). I will look changing the height. The actual height change isn't a big deal at all, its just that a lot of the site is "position:absolute" divs and the tables are all formatted for that image height, so it would be about 45 minutes of work, which i will have soon, but not now.

Member #
    great!
    i really like it !!

Member #
    On 1024x768, I don't have horizontal scrolling, but on 800x600, and I really think that the sacrifice you made for horizontal scrolling wasnt worth it. over 60% of my site visitors still use 800x600 and so I feel that a 769px site is the widest that should be used, or using liquid design. Myself, I try to design all of my website so that they fit into a maximised 800x600 browser window, with no horizontal or vertical scrolling.

Apart from that little gripe, and also the fact that I think your banner should be resized a little, even though the graphic work is quite good, I think your site is great, gave it a 4/5 because of the resolution problem.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    THanks again. I'll see what i can do to help out 800x600. I like coding anyway....wellalways improving, check back EVERY DAY for updates . And of course naked women and humorous ramblings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads