Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Everyone,

I'm a web designer and I would like to good feedback on my website. I plan on redesigning it when I get some time, but business is good and I don't have the time I want to redesign my own site.

I orignally published this version to have SOMETHING for my clients to see. I believe it is a simple design with, hopefully, a good interface design. Let me know. Thanks for any feedback.

____
    Marc Ferguson
    Digital Alias
    www.digitalalias.net

Member #
    Simple Clean design

Links : The Services links and their sublinks do not have the same rollover colours as the rest of the links.

Colours : I find it annoying that each page has a different colour scheme. personally, I wouldn't go for it, but It's personal opinion.

Home Page : The green bar above the image with victory!!!... to the right, is a different length to the other bar on that page.
    The Same thing occurs on your web solutions page.

Computer Services Page : IMO i think the page would be better if the two "subtitle" cells were full page width.

Otherwise, a great site
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    ok, you have a nice clean design.

suggestions/comments:

- The green stands out a bit too much so it tends to distract me while reading your content.
    - i like the header.
    - Mayby you could use images in your navigation.
    - i like the way you have a different color scheme for each section. but it gets a bit out of hand in the services section! that yellow doesnt suit.
    - you have a good image/text ratio but some ofd the images you have dont suit. You have some corporate images next to clipart! it just doesnt fit well.

overall. good job on the site personally, i think that the 'about us' page looks the best.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You've definately got the right idea... site is easy to navigate and find information easily. Some things...
    -the whole interface doesn't quite "do" it for me... I don't know, for example there's a really blue image on the main page when all the rest is green....
    -post your friggin email Clients may not want to fill out a form (who knows where it really goes) and want to email you. I think it's fine to have a form, but also clearly state your email/phone.
    -a lot of your text is really small and would be hard for anyone over 40 to read.
    -I dislike how your portfolio is structured... like the whole thing. Maybe put in some thumbnails, put less projects to a page and provide a description about it.
    -That client login thing is just cheesy Get rid of it, or make something that fits in better.

Good start though.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Navigation could be moved to the left side and made to stand out more.

Member #
    I agree w/ Transio. I couldn't find the nav at first. Also, the picture looks a little odd, because it's very blue image on a green design. I'm also not a huge fan of the different color greens you have. Other than that, nice work.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks good .

Home Page:
    1.) Banner looks good i like it, no need to change it.
    2.) The green does stand out a bit as others have said, although maybe some more pastel greens could work better.
    3.) Those bars that seperate your sections arnt sized right, width wize, they should span all they way across.
    4.) Your navigation could use some photoshop/any other graphic prog. action to spruce it up. I dont really like the on mouse over colors you have, they dont mix with the green. The whole green thing in the back should be changed to something made in a graphics program.
    5.) That victory picture isnt very high quality, I say change it to a different picture.
    6.) Client login pic is ugly, i say dump it and get a new 1 or just script a login thing if you know a server side language.

All Other Pages:
    1.) Id say change everything like I suggested in nubers 3 and 4 in the Home Page section.
    2.) Change all the color schemes to be 1, i dont like seeing new colors everytime i change the page.

Overall its pretty good, Just gotta change a few things. You said you didnt have time to do much so im sure you can do a pro layout when you get the time .
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    also, the links in you nav go different colors. Whats the go there??

Member #
    The buttons represent the color of the page the user will be going to. Why is it that navs on the right aren't popular. Everyone loves navs on the left or top.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Like i said before i think you should just drop all those colors and go with 1 color scheme.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads