Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of giving my website and business a facelift. I would love some feedback if anyone feels like doing so. Its getting close to being finished except for the blog which is at the bare minimum.

I am pretty much just starting out and don't have the greatest folio yet but hopefully over the next year I can build it up and get some regular customers. Any thoughts on the design

Cheers

Glenn

Member #
    Not sure what happened to my link sorry about that...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The link is up there... at the top under the thumbnail.

What I think:

I assume that's a picture of you in the header of the site. If not, I just don't get it. If so, I think 1) you're a very pretty girl, and 2) you'll get exactly the type of clients who are looking for a very pretty girl to "service" them, i.e. clients who don't care at all how good you are at your job and who will probably expect a less-than-professional relationship with you.

Other than that, it's a nice design. I think you could rethink a lot of the wording. You could lose the "Page" suffix on a lot of your links, for example.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 221874
    The link is up there... at the top under the thumbnail.

What I think:

I assume that's a picture of you in the header of the site. If not, I just don't get it. If so, I think 1) you're a very pretty girl, and 2) you'll get exactly the type of clients who are looking for a very pretty girl to "service" them, i.e. clients who don't care at all how good you are at your job and who will probably expect a less-than-professional relationship with you.
    Smoseley, Glenn is a guy =)
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 221902
    Smoseley, Glenn is a guy =)
    That is true last time I checked I was. The image is a Photographer mate of mine when I first started the site it was pretty much just Retouching/Photo Art now its web I guess it doesn't make that much sense. I'm thinking of having a rotating header with 3 images relating to each topic. Smoseley my mate runs a Photography Studio and customers don't expect her to service them the way you imply after them seeing her picture.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I may be wrong, but I think the implication was " what does this pretty face have to do with what this site is trying to sell me ",

I for one believe the home page of the site should not only convey what the site is about in content, but visually. Studies show that over half the people that visit a website make the decision to stay within a few seconds, and although this is a nice picture, and might actually have something to do with retouching or editing, it could be confusing to someone that followed a link there about webdesign.

If the site were about nothing but photo editing, retouching, I can see how it works...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Btw... Even though you set "male" on your profile, when your avatar is that of a woman, expect people to think you are a female , go figure... Guys are visual by nature... To make my above point about visual reflex.

I had to look to see you were male " according to your profile "...

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I thought the the site was fine. It's clear to me what your business is about and what it offers. At First though I had a problem with the text size. BTW, the image retouching section was very impressive. But I'm using a 25 inch monitor so I have a hard time with every website's font size. The one thing that bothers me is the navigation. On the index.html page, you have the navigation at the absolute top of the site. However, when the blog link is clicked the navigation is moved below the header graphic. What's going on here Glenn? Also, why are the blog, contacts, movies and portfolio pages mirror images of each other? I'm sure you have reason for doing this, I just can't figure out what it is. You might want to consolidate these pages into one so as not to confuse potential clients. Overall though nice site. Loads fast, no broken links, images are there, looks the same across the major browsers.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 221921
    I may be wrong, but I think the implication was " what does this pretty face have to do with what this site is trying to sell me ",
    And not only that, but given that head-shots are not common in this industry, the natural assumption on seeing that photo is that the pretty face is the designer who will be working with me (as a client). And further, ask what type of client would that influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 221921
    Btw... Even though you set "male" on your profile, when your avatar is that of a woman, expect people to think you are a female , go figure... Guys are visual by nature...
    Actually, I made the assumption that the he was the girl because it's the same picture on the website and his avatar. I didn't even see the "Male" tag before asking that question.

Member #
    Thanks Chris for your recent feedback. I've taken all of the above into account and will change the avatar as well, **** new to the forum thought I'd just upload a image from the website. Anyway new design is this any better? I have not touched the blog as of yet so no comments needed. http://www.digitalaspirations.com.au/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads