Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi to all.... i am new here and need your advise to improve my site
    i hope you will like it and i will appreciate every comment

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I like your color choice. First time iv seen a site a gold/yellow color.
    EDIT: Welcome to the site
    oday likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi Oday. Welcome to the site here. I'm new as well.

Your site is visually pleasing--great colors. I just couldn't figure out what type of site it is. Travel? Hotel reservations? Are you promoting a tour company? Or is your site a blog type site where you give feedback on your travels? It's just not clear to me.

Maybe you could add a sub-heading under "Express Jordan" which expresses a little more about what the site is about? The homepage definitely needs a bit more text.

As I've said, I'm new here too so I'm no export. Just giving my two cents as someone who came upon your site for the very first time.
    oday likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope you like your stay here.

This is what I have discovered with your site.
    1. Colors work well but you need to remove the white bar splitting the slideshow with the content. Maybe change the color of it instead?
    2. Your logo needs to be larger and more of a logo. it just is text at the moment whcih doesnt work well :/
    3. Dont worry about having traffic rank installed. its not needed for clients to see where you are in the rankings. use google analytics if you personally want to know that.
    4. the wibiya colors dont work at all with the orange. I suggest change them and find a darker color instead of orange.
    5. You need to make your navigation stand out more. Although its see-able its too small and could confuse potentials.
    6. Your roll overs on your nav need to have z-index as they are currently under the slideshow.
    7. I agree with Alanna, you need to make the information regarding the site more knowable. Currently we cant tell whether its a best hotel to go to site or a blog etc. Needs to be more clear.

which template did you manipulate to make the look of the site?

Hope this helps?
    oday likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov, post: 222832
    I like your color choice. First time iv seen a site a gold/yellow color.
    Gucci has GREAT use of golds throughout their site.

http://www.gucci.com/us/category/m/men_s_ready_to_wear

Joh
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, the only thing i can see that need to be change is to maybe move the Google +1 button to the bottom of the page instead of the far left.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 222836
    Hi Oday. Welcome to the site here. I'm new as well.

Your site is visually pleasing--great colors. I just couldn't figure out what type of site it is. Travel? Hotel reservations? Are you promoting a tour company? Or is your site a blog type site where you give feedback on your travels? It's just not clear to me.

Maybe you could add a sub-heading under "Express Jordan" which expresses a little more about what the site is about? The homepage definitely needs a bit more text.

As I've said, I'm new here too so I'm no export. Just giving my two cents as someone who came upon your site for the very first time.
    thanks a lot for your comments i will work on it and my site is to tell world about the beauty of my country (Jordan)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 222863
    Welcome to the site. Hope you like your stay here.

This is what I have discovered with your site.
    1. Colors work well but you need to remove the white bar splitting the slideshow with the content. Maybe change the color of it instead?
    2. Your logo needs to be larger and more of a logo. it just is text at the moment whcih doesnt work well :/
    3. Dont worry about having traffic rank installed. its not needed for clients to see where you are in the rankings. use google analytics if you personally want to know that.
    4. the wibiya colors dont work at all with the orange. I suggest change them and find a darker color instead of orange.
    5. You need to make your navigation stand out more. Although its see-able its too small and could confuse potentials.
    6. Your roll overs on your nav need to have z-index as they are currently under the slideshow.
    7. I agree with Alanna, you need to make the information regarding the site more knowable. Currently we cant tell whether its a best hotel to go to site or a blog etc. Needs to be more clear.

which template did you manipulate to make the look of the site?

Hope this helps?
    Thanks, sure it help and thanks again

Member #
    i wait for more help....

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I always like to look at the code before I comment, but the "don't copy" pop-up makes that difficult.
    What is your reason for having it?

Anyway, it is quite a nice site, done in Wordpress, I see, using the infocus theme.
    I'd like to see more colour contrast - you haven't changed much from the original theme skin "golden".
    Maybe put some content text into the whitespace between the slider and the footer.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads