Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all. I just launched my site www.theworknet.com
    It still needs some housekeeping to be done... and the script is being updated, but the overall functionality is there.
    My basic site premise is that people can post work for free: ie I need a website built, I need a logo designed, I need my roof fixed, I need my yard cleaned, etc.
    Contractors, freelancers, and small businesses can come on and search for either job types or jobs in their city.

I know lots of you people here are very talented and knowledgeable- I was wondering if you could give me review of what your opinions are of my site... and how I could improve it for you.

Thanks!!
    Regards,
    Jeff

www.theworknet.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok here are my ideas for improvment:

1.) that banner isnt much of a banner just some ugly colored table with some little banner ad sized thing inside it. Also its to tall shorten it a bit and give it some edge. Remove that little thing from it and just make something like that for the full sized banner.

2.) Your grays are a bit too light. I can read it, but you should make it darker for sure.

3.) Change the font.

4.) Im not to fond of those top navigation buttons. I say change em a bit so there not so short and fat. Also change the font size and the font you used in them.

5.) I like those pics you have for the managers, contractors, and artists.

6.) That open projects navigation box is so plain and everything is really clustered in it.

7.) Mix it up a bit with those colors, your only using the same gray over and over.

Other than that it looks good.

Welcome to the forums .
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    your site is easy to navigate and and information is displayed prominently. Thats definetely a plus.

The design has some visible mistakes.
    - your images dont fit together very well. Threr is no real design that is fluent through-out the site..
    - your header is a bit messy..

Luckily, a site like this is more focused on information instead of graphics and design.

so overall, i think your site does its job. But overtime as your site grows, your design will need to be re-done.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I think that you should rethink the concept. Work sites are not exactly in demand right now... the market is kind of saturated.

Member #
    I agree w/ Grommet. When I first come to your site, I'm overloaded with information. You have too much text, and too many different fonts/sizes/colors. I think you need to streamline things, and put on the top of the page some information about your site. Right now you have a testimonial ("What they say...") near the top of your site, and people need to click a link to find out "What Is The Worknet??". I want to know what your site is about before I read a testimonial about it. I think those priorities need to be switched (and the popup removed: yuck!).

Member #
    I agree with all the posts above, but especially the fact that you are overloaded with info. as soon as you arrive.

Scored a [IMG]3[/IMG]
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    cool site.. but some of ur graphics didnt work at first, had to "show picture".
    Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's an interesting idea for a site. I agree with what was said above...way too much info to absorb. The overall design really isn't much to look at...it could use some improvement (ie. the navigation could be cleaned up, the header image...make it bigger, etc.).

I noticed you said that it still has some cleaning up to do...is it functional now, or is "cleaning it up" getting it to the point of making it functional? Basically, are the job offers on it valid or tests?

Member #
    Okay- Thanks everyone for the good ideas! I'll do my best to get to it over the next while.

There were some questions as to the validity of the projects - yes, they are ALL valid!! They are real projects and some have already been processed.

Thanks, and keep posting tips!

Best Regards,
    Jeff Anderson

Remove Ads