Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have decided to start working toward making money with website design. Here is the Template for my main website.

The design is not pixel perfect, but it shows the basic concept of what I'm going for. Please rate this the design.

Before anyone comments on it, I would like to point out that I'm not the best graphic designer. So the images in the content slider are a little pixelated. I will fix them once I figure out how to get the effect I want correctly.
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Not bad for a start.
    A couple of things right off the top:
    1. center the design on the page - I know this is just a JPG but when it goes live make sure it's centered.
    2. Consultation, not Consoltation - use a spellchecker on every bit of text for the site.
    3. perhaps a tad more colour - choose an accent colour and work it consistently into elements of the site
    Keep it up - I can't wait to see it live.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I would say even a simple mock up on a free host would do more justice As AM said, there is not enough color in my opinion. Some of the font I can not even read. I am sure some of the lack of strong colors is due to a downsize in the image file, like I said, does not do it much justice.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 223231
    3. perhaps a tad more colour - choose an accent colour and work it consistently into elements of the .
    I added light blue as an "accent color". I applied it to the logo (which I think makes it look a lot better), links, and headers in the footer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zboost, post: 223235
    Some of the font I can not even read. I am sure some of the lack of strong colors is due to a downsize in the image file, like I said, does not do it much justice.
    I'm using two fonts. One for headers and another for other content. I made all of the header text bold so it would be thicker and easier to see.

Is this better:

Comments?
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Oh ya I think so. Another thing maybe its is just me but maybe if rhe bottom links were in one row.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Here is the design with all of the footer links in one row.

I'm not sure if I like it. I think it makes the page look a little off balance with the social buttons stopping the links from being completely centered.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I agree with the bottom links on one line. Terms and conditions not necessary.
    Your agreement will be with each client, verbal or in writing (writing is the best).
    Privacy policy? Not sure if that's needed either. Most people "get the idea" now
    that the internet has been around for a while.

You might not want to use Latin for the language though ... :unsure:

... just kidding. I presented a layout to a client one time and they were upset
    that I made all of their content in Latin. Even after I gave them a Wikipedia
    explanation of "nonsensical Latin", they thought I was being childish.:happy:
    Zboost and Blackhawk095 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Haha that gave me a good laugh. I guess it would have looked better blank...

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 223243
    I agree with the bottom links on one line. Terms and conditions not necessary.
    Your agreement will be with each client, verbal or in writing (writing is the best).
    Privacy policy? Not sure if that's needed either. Most people "get the idea" now
    that the internet has been around for a while.
    I'll move the social links and then center the links. As for the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Policy, I really only put those there because I saw them on many other web design websites. I didn't want to have to write those anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 223243
    You might not want to use Latin for the language though ... :unsure:

... just kidding. I presented a layout to a client one time and they were upset
    that I made all of their content in Latin. Even after I gave them a Wikipedia
    explanation of "nonsensical Latin", they thought I was being childish.:happy:
    :rofl:

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    use a spellchecker on every bit of text for the site ... perhaps a tad more colour ...
    Alpha Mare .... Use spellchecker ... "color", not "colour".

lol ... you know I'm just funnin with ya, you Canuck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads