Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi.Guys...Kindly rate my first website that I did for a preschool...
    I would like to know about the UI of my website.i.e. navigation,design,the fonts used,and if website loads fast...etc..

and please let me know what you think or if you saw some problem?

thanksmm

Juandesign

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Nice uncluttered design and simple, easy to navigate layout.

The images on the homepage and some of the larger ones are a bit blurry which detract from the overall experience somewhat.

Load times were fine, apart from on your images linked in the gallery. I would consider making these smaller, firstly to increase load-time and secondly because they are too large - the first one at least required scrolling on my (admittedly smaller than average) 19" monitor. I do think that the image viewer is a nice touch, although a user less familiar with key shortcuts may take a while to figure out that you need to hit 'Esc' to close it.

Don't forget to use spaces in your alt tags and try to be more descriptive - I came across a couple of examples in your code where the alt tag was the same as the image name and contained either no spaces or used '_' instead.

Looks like you've gone a long way to making your site cross-browser compatible though - good work!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,.tHANKS FOR YOUR REPLY...Forgive me not to response right away..was busy of school finals project....

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Not a problem, happy to be a help!

If you found my comments useful, please 'like' them.

All the best.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Yeah, the images are somewhat blurry.
    I personally dislike the font in the navbar for some reason. Don't know why but maybe there is a better, yet playfull, font ?
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I love the simplicity of the design, it can be a bit more descriptive, images need editing, and your dropdown menu overlaps some text and its not appealing. Maybe if it had a background it might make a different. Other than that, it looks okay.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    When I selected a photo in the photo gallery on my iPad, the light box started flashing all over the place. You may want to fix that.
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTeapot, post: 228244
    Yeah, the images are somewhat blurry.
    I personally dislike the font in the navbar for some reason. Don't know why but maybe there is a better, yet playfull, font ?
    Hello...I cant change the navbar fonts or mostly all of it..Its the client choice so even I dont want it..I need to do what client want...^^

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juanDesign, post: 228378
    Hello...I cant change the navbar fonts or mostly all of it..Its the client choice so even I dont want it..I need to do what client want...^^
    Sometimes, as a designer, it's necessary to lead the client to a better decision. After all, they are paying you for your design experience and knowledge, just as their clients pay them for the experience and knowledge of Montessori teaching techniques.
    juanDesign likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sometimes, as a designer, it's necessary to lead the client to a better decision. After all, they are paying you for your design experience and knowledge, just as their clients pay them for the experience and knowledge of Montessori teaching techniques.

I know,and I try to show them some good fonts that better for that..But that she really wants.So,just go with it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads