Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok guys, (and girls) I've taken alot of your previous crit into account. After weighing in on the good and bad points, and reworking the pages. I am now ready to have it torn apart again! :-D
    I am looking for all good and bad points about the site. Any and All help and comments are welcome. (Oh Boy :-P )
    Well here is the link.........

www.navyleaguesudbury.ca

Thanks in advance.

Sewolf :aimangel:

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Alright Here are my opinions:

1.) That Ramsey lake food marts banner thing brings your content down to far, move it or take it out.

2.) Align the Last Updated thing if you want to keep it to the center, I really dont think there needed, but if you want one :P.

3.) The buttons are a little plain, but they work.

4.) Dispite the content on the first page being big, bold, or itialicised, it doesnt really stand out. Or rather it doesnt look like something i feel like reading.

5.) All the stuff passed the canadian horizontal ruler is nice of you to do but isnt needed yet again. If your going to keep all those links get rid of the counter for sure. That thing is massive and nobody cares how many people have been to your site really.

6.) This is one of the big problems, the scrolling status bar message. Kill it and send it to hell. Nobody is going to read it and alot of people like to see where a link is taking them.

7.) The Picture at the bottom left is not cut right. Its not a perfect circle is what im saying. Also the sides on it are cut off.

8.) ERRRR ALLOW RIGHT CLICKING. I was going to fix the image from point 7 for you but i couldnt save the damn thing.

9.) All your other pages should stick with the same theme. I dont like how it has a new background all the time.

I think thats it. Besides all that stuff good job.

If you want me to fix that pic for you please post it on this thread and ill fix it real quick.

Edit:

10.) Get rid of that sound in the background, no1 likes sounds.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I had a qucick look at it:

Some good points:
    -Site is nice and usable, easy to follow where information goes/etc.

Needs work:
    -Umm.. dont' say "but 800x600 will work" it's kind of tacky, I'd just remove the phrase all together.
    -I don't like the how the background changes from page to page.. especially such a drastic change.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I remember this site from your last post a few months back, and it's much improved. Grommet and Brak bring up good points. You need one template from which to build the site from. All of your pages should follow the same design, including the navigation. When I moved to the second page, the nav needed to reload all over again, which can be avoided if you use the same images throughout the site.

Also, I'm not a fan of the large Times New Roman font, or the scrolling text in the status bar at the bottom.

Great work on the site, keep it up.

Member #
    nice site.
    Its very simple and there is no real design to it.

some things:

- font size is to big.. try 12pt with arial font
    - its a hell slow load.. It took ages..
    - get rid of the tacky javascript tricks. There no good. If someone wants your images and source code then all they have to do is go to file > save as. or view > source. So disabling right click is pointless.

overall, i dont like it very much... sorry.

Member #
    also, there is a tric around that disabling...
    hold down ur left mouse button on the image/object u want then u right click, there u have it ... so its pointless.

- The buttons dont really match for me, they are too big..
    - that whistle sound is coo (gets annoying after a while)
    - the text at the status bar bugs me, i hate sites that use that. (not hate, but dont like them very much)
    - there is a link around here where it explains how irritating changing bg colors every page is.. cant find it tho..

gave u a 3.
    Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the info. I understand that you guys don't know that much about the navy, the whisle you hear on the main page is the pipe, and the tune is what you hear when digintaries and high officers such as admirals and royality get when they come aboard. I will kill the no-click and the message. Gormment I will email you the pic to play with if you want. I tried to round the edges off back 2 1/2 years ago but did a lousy job I know. I am still in the design stage for a template for the site. If you look at the Mountbatten forum, which is a sub site of our web, I have already done that.
    Back to the grind :-)
    Thanks again

Sewolf

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok I just stole it with Krazy's method. Here are 2 ideas.

1.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    And 2 is like a portal kinda.

2.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That looks better, except that you have just cut the head off of one of our cadets. (thats gotta hurt) I think if I just use your idea, but remove her out of the picture all together it will work. O by the way, the java script has been removed. ( onthe main page so far)

Sewolf

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads