Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm designing a financial software for my client only the design aspect, how would I present it to the developer in terms of html/css I guess so they can place the back-end coding for it to be interactive. I guess it seems like a silly question but I want to be sure. For example like how desktop applications are built , on the design aspect is html/css used?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Everything looks great, the only thing I would change is to move the content up a little closer to the header.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    1) COMMENT THE HELL OUT OF YOUR CODE. Most developers don't want to think about where things are. If you've got 10-15 lines of code related to your menu, then you put one line of commenting indicating that it's a menu.

Of course, good naming conventions should help a good developer...but most developers just aren't that good and aren't willing to take the time and effort. So you have to do that kind of thinking for them.

2) Spacing where you normally wouldn't have spacing. For example:
    Code:
    <ul id="top-menu">
    <li><a href="#">Item 1</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 2</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 3</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 4</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 5</a></li>
    </ul>

<!-- This is a submenu.  it's only activated when someone hovers over the main menu items above. -->
    <ul id="submenu-1">
    <li><a href="#">Item 1</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 2</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 3</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 4</a></li>
    <li><a href="#">Item 5</a></li>
    </ul>
    The line space between the first </ul> and the comment is what i mean. It's a waste, but they'll need it. A lot of compilers will also strip out the blank space when the app is compiled anyway (e.g. certain ASP.net compilers will do this.)

3) If you use jQuery or some other framework, see the HTML rule. You'll have to comment and space that out as well.

4) Put an apostrophe in the slogan. "Changing people's lives..."

You didn't ask the question, but I just noticed it. So I'm going to tell you. I'm awesome like that.
    AlphaMare and MYIWDesigns like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Need some CSS help, you see the hover button I have on the software image(gold). How can I achieve that (with the point at the button) hover without using an image?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't think you could with straight CSS. Might be possible with CSS3 (haven't played with it yet), but I doubt it.

What's wrong with using an image here?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Well I guess there's nothing wrong with using an image, just thought I had other options

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You do...an image, an image, and an image. Pick one.

Not a bad thought on your part, but it's just not doable any other way.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Guess i'll use an image then

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    And it will turn out awesome, like everything else you design.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I have a bit of a problem with the css http://moneywarstv.com/moneywarstv/software.html when you hover , its jumping, but thats due to the height of the hover,but i need to show the pointy end,can you help?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads