Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: review request

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello Website design professionals,

I would be very grateful for your expert opinion on my website, I am looking to make changes and seek some expert help.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Dan

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Well, you've got the basics covered

1 decent layout, not cluttered, colors not to shabby, easy concise navigation, easy to determine what the site is about and what you are offering.

So exactly what are you looking to change ? Just bored with what you've got ?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wow...someone who actually used orange correctly and didn't try to cram it onto a white background. Nice. Very clean layout overall, like Webzarus said. You should have that if you want people focusing on your work.

Powered by Photium <-- remove that line. It's not doing you any good and could only serve to lead visitors away from your site.

The big issue I have with the site is that you're a photographer but your pictures aren't very big. The bigger the better, within reason. 640 x 428, besides being an odd size, is too small. I'd go at least 800 pixels wide, maybe 900-1000. The pictures will still fit on most screens and allow you to showcase your work better.

Give them better filenames as well (not the ones that came with the camera). Besides describing the picture better, you may get visitors through image searches (it's not the only factor but it is a factor).

It looks like you're engaging in link exchange. If this is done for "SEO reasons", it's a bad idea; not only is it not SEO, but Google in particular has been aware of it for years. If it's not done for SEO reasons, it's a bad idea because the odds of a link exchange benefiting both parties equally are slim to none. Realistic math suggests one site will get more than the other, and it's usually the better site that suffers. Now, if these are links as part of cross-promo activity, then by all means keep them, but make it more obvious why those links are there. I'm thinking this isn't the case, however.

I think you've largely got a decent site in place. If you can fix these things up, you'll really be on to something.
    danphoto1 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Game, may want to re-read that last sentence. Makes no sense.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wow...that's not what I put at all. Stupid TinyMCE.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 224942
    Well, you've got the basics covered

1 decent layout, not cluttered, colors not to shabby, easy concise navigation, easy to determine what the site is about and what you are offering.

So exactly what are you looking to change ? Just bored with what you've got ?
    Hi,

Many thanks for your advice it really is appreciated, apologies for the delay, yes probably bored I do need to spruce it up a little.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 224950
    Wow...someone who actually used orange correctly and didn't try to cram it onto a white background. Nice. Very clean layout overall, like Webzarus said. You should have that if you want people focusing on your work.