Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new on here and would be really grateful if as many of you as possible could review my site and give me your comments and views.

I've been designing my own affiliate web sites for a while now and have recently started building sites for clients. I'm targeting small businesses and looking at designing pretty simple brochure sites for them at present.

Look forward to reading your reviews!

Many thanks

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    The logo looks a little 90's to me. Maybe make it more flashy? The background is a little distracting and dark. The feel of the site is a little boxy for me.

Some people may disagree but using pink as a primary color for a web design web site is not a good idea. Pink for me suggests playfull. I don't know how to word this correctly but you have to make yourself look more professional. Colors that say professional are like a soft blue or WDF for example. The colors are perfect.
    Pink Spider likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks very much for your comment.

I totally understand what you say about it being boxy. I have a bit of a box obsession generally which I try to escape from but keep coming back to! But perhaps I should see what I can do to soften it a little.

I'll certainly bear your other points in mind too and look at making the changes you suggest. If anyone else has any comments I'd really appreciate that.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I don't dislike the boxyness. I think it's really good.
    However, the logo looks rather 90's like Yurlov said. And the background is distracting too.

I disagree with Yurlov about the color pink. It could definitely work if you used a better tone.
    I think white and pink works very well together too. So maybe doing something white for the background? I dislike black and pink.

The "web design" page should have links to sub pages that contains your services and prices etc. Try not to put everything on the same page. Make some nice "packages" icons which links to your subpages. This is better from a seo-perspective as you can optimize the subpages for keywords. A wall of text about different subjects is not good. It's hard for the search engines to find that page relevant then.

Regards

/Teapot
    Pink Spider likes this.
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Many thanks for your comments. When you talk about a wall of text about different subjects, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I think it would be a good idea to separate the payment options on to a different page but the web design options are all about web design and if I took them off the web design page there wouldn't be much content there at all plus the separate pages with the different packages wouldn't have much content each either.

I think having icons for the packages is a good idea and I'm looking at changing the background to something a little more subtle.

If anyone can expand or add to the above comments, that would be great.

Many thanks

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    What I meant is that you could make subpages, which you can go to by pressing the icons. On the web design page - instead of having all the info on the same page. But you're right, it might be too little text for that...

/teapot
    Pink Spider likes this.
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'll have a think about that one, thanks for your input

Remove Ads