Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

Here a mock up of a page I am designing/developing http://www.gadgetgee...a/produtos.html it's an e-ccomerce I am happy with the menu, background image and lower menu but when I look at the column with the price image and description I just can't like it.. Not sure what's wrong with it, it just doesn't look right to me... any suggestion please?

Many thanks,

Luiza

Member #
    No replies??

Here is the original link:

http://www.gadgetgeeky.co.uk/alpha/produtos.html

I've spoken to someone else in a different forum and they gave me some feedback so I created two improved versions:

Version 2: http://www.gadgetgeeky.co.uk/alpha/produtos2.html (for some reason the footer isn't placed properly and I have no idea why but I am trying to resolve this matter, please let me know if you know what went wrong there)

Version 3: http://www.gadgetgeeky.co.uk/alpha/produtos3.html (for some reason the header bellow the language bar is not showing on firefox but showing on Chrome and IExplorer, it's just a simple <-hr /-> so not sure what could've gone wrong...)

So, would you guys let me know which of the three versions do yo prefer and if you have any feedback for me? I like produtos2.html but it feels safe and uninspiring, produtos3.html is very different so I am not sure if people will love it or hate it

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    3 is the best if you can get a proper repeating background (there's a seam in it caused by tiling at high resolutions).

As much as Firefox is a piece of crap and has been for some time (NSFW link), this isn't Firefox's fault. The issue is this:

Whenever you use floats, you MUST always clear them.

Remember that rule. Whenever there's an issue after a float, the clearing of the float is usually responsible. Trust me, that rule will save you a whole lot of agony down the road.

If you add this to your CSS, you should be fine:
    Code:
    hr {clear:  both;}
    This would also solve your issue in the footer with #2, but I wouldn't bother anyway. The gradient you used is choppy and it doesn't have that whole island background thing happening.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 226550
    3 is the best if you can get a proper repeating background (there's a seam in it caused by tiling at high resolutions).

As much as Firefox is a piece of crap and has been for some time (NSFW link), this isn't Firefox's fault. The issue is this:
    I wouldn't switch over to IE!! That guy's crazy. I've never liked FF, Chrome has always been my browser of choice. I loves it.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Look at the blog post date, George.

And yeah, the guy's crazy as f**k, but he's also one of the few people online that I will openly admit that I can learn from. That dude has forgotten more about bots and bad behavior than you and I combined will ever know. He's a smart cat.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 226570
    Look at the blog post date, George.

And yeah, the guy's crazy as f**k, but he's also one of the few people online that I will openly admit that I can learn from. That dude has forgotten more about bots and bad behavior than you and I combined will ever know. He's a smart cat.
    Oh right, now that makes sense
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 226550

Whenever you use floats, you MUST always clear them.

Remember that rule. Whenever there's an issue after a float, the clearing of the float is usually responsible. Trust me, that rule will save you a whole lot of agony down the road.

If you add this to your CSS, you should be fine:
    Code:
    hr {clear:  both;}
    This would also solve your issue in the footer with #2, but I wouldn't bother anyway. The gradient you used is choppy and it doesn't have that whole island background thing happening.
    Hello TheGAME,

Footer and header problem were both solved due to your help. Thanks you very much.

I've changed the choppy background from #2 (cause by using a .png background rather than a .jpg), I've also changed the background colour with colours from the island background.

I am not sure what you mean by there's a seam in #3 it caused by tiling at high resolutions, I just can't see it, would you be so kind to send me a print screen of it? Which browser and what's your screen resolution?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Chrome at 1920 x 1080 resolution (browser doesn't make much of a difference).

I cropped the cap so you could see it more easily. It's on the right hand side of the picture.

brazilian-online-shop.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    But I think your background image of a beach view is not still compatible with your site contents. You should use some image relevant to food stuff for your main page.
    Free website templates | Free mobile templates | Free joomla templates
    Webmasters & web designer can download web templates and use them in their own sites and for their customers.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Really there is just no over all theme, especially that add to cart button. Maybe you should find a nice 1920x1080 image for a background, then center it so all resolutions will look all right. After that develop a nice color scheme to go with it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads