Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

ntg
    Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, what do you think of TipTop Templates? Still working on it, but it's well worth a visit I think. Any comments welcome!

Member #
    its quite good!
    You have used your graphics well and your layout is neat.
    Loading time is a tad slow but nothing to get worried about.

you have some good templates aswell. Did you create them??

Member #
    im not sure why you say your working on it..it seems like its already a built business?? didnt .net magazine rate it best template site n the net.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Not bad work... Looks much like a copy of TemplateMonster, though... especially with the iframes encapsulating the flash designs.

One suggestion I will make is that your templates in general exceed the quality of design of your site. That could detract some potential customers.

Another thing is that you don't display your better templates up front. Maybe you should add some functionality to rotate the more popular templates on the homepage?

Finally, this being a web designers' forum, I hope that your sole intent here isn't advertisement of your template site. That would be a violation of our member agreement.

I would thus suggest to all WDF members that before purchasing templates from this site you first check all of ntg's posts to see that he's posting valuable content and feedback to our community.

Member #
    I like your layout, but I'm not a fan of the light blue background you have behind your text. I also agree with Transio that your templates for sale are better than your site's design, and that doesn't look good.

Member #
    im not questioning your business ntg but i was curious about something..a guy i know had a web design site selling templates and his site was no where near as nice as the templates and i wondered to myself what they hell? are these scams sometimes or what?

ntg
    Banned
    Member #
    Thanks for all your comments, I appreciate it! I am new to this forum, so you will not find more messages from me :-) I just discovered the forum the other day.

My site is about selling templates. I do not create them, but I am an affiliate for several companies, mainly templatemonster.com. My site is not new, and I do sell an occasional template, but it is still a work in progress. For example the newsletter doesn't work yet, and the resources are not completed. Also the navigational structure is not quite how it should be. Some minor layout bugs are still present.

However, I do feel that I must do better and I have my doubts about the design as a whole. The site is based on a template I bought from boxedart.com, but is heavily customized by me.

About the scams: anyone can become a template reseller, and have some iframes in a crappy site. If you sell a template at such a site, you still get the same template. It is not a scam, but an incompetent or lazy webmaster :-)
    I try to create a decent site by customizing a template, adding resources, scripts and lots of other content too. I learn a lot from this. I am not creative enough to make a great graphic design from scratch. I get better and better at it by just doing, trying, and studying. Running a template affiliate business is good because there are also the marketing aspects to get into. Again, I learn alot!

Thanks for the replies, and I really appreciate detailed comments of what isn't good and why it isn't. Any comments are welcome though!

Regards,
    Jurgen

ntg
    Banned
    Member #
    Originally posted by deck2k
    im not sure why you say your working on it..it seems like its already a built business?? didnt .net magazine rate it best template site n the net.
    I don't think so. At least they didn't tell me :-)

Remove Ads