Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Nice forum!

Could someone take a look at my site and tell me how I can improve my site? Thank you!

http://www.paragongrafix.com

Member #
    first of all. get rid of frontpage.
    In my opinion, the only way to create professional websites is to hardcode it. Using Frontpage or any other WUSIWYG editor limits your possibilities drastically.

Here are some suggestions:

- The aim of your site is to sell graphics but your layout is not very good. Alot of your graphics are not professional. Dont get me wrong, some of them are fine and im not trying to offend you.

- You have a black header on a white(ish) background.

- there is heaps of horizontal scrolling when your site is viewed on 800x600

Overall, your site does its job but it doesnt give a corporate feel like a site like this should.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by buntine
    first of all. get rid of frontpage.
    In my opinion, the only way to create professional websites is to hardcode it. Using Frontpage or any other WUSIWYG editor limits your possibilities drastically.
    I slightly disagree; you need to know how HTML works in all its minute details, but for very complex designs, you can still make the initial layout in something like Dreamweaver (instead of godawful FrontPage).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    true. but i still say that using frontpage drastically reduces your posibilities.

Member #
    I agree with buntine that the graphics should be more impressive for a site selling graphics. If you want this to be a professional looking site, I'd remove the hit counter, IE download button (very 1995!), MS Frontpage button and your hosting company's graphic. That whole bottom section looks very unprofessional IMO.

Once I found some images in your gallery, I thought they were pretty cool. Feature some of your favorite work around the site, it would really spruce things up.

Member #
    I'd remove ... IE download button (very 1995!)
    Which, I must add, doesn't work anyway.

The hosting company logo is cheesy, and even if you MUST have it, then it could be at least a lot smaller
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree with all of them.

Your site is not very professonal and your logo shoulnt have a black background IMO.

Your graphics are good but you shoul present them more.

I would tell you more but there is a big storm comming and i have to shut down now :P.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Big Storm - as in a thunderstorm?? I hate them, they give me the creeps :nervous:
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Hmmmm. That frontpage code is ugly as sin. Anyway...

I dont think you are going for that huge corporate look. Which is fine, and i might add practical for you. You seem new at webdesign, but you'll definately improve.

Places to start and why:
    -->Top Banner. Make it transparent. Make it bigger, but not too big. You'll probably want it to touch your horz. separator and equal the height of your top section (which will have to be lessened in height for that to look good).
    -->Remove the blue separators. Period. They are tacky.
    -->As mentioned, remove the IE and MF2000 buttons...now. They are not needed.
    -->I suggest possibly some image on your home page to the right of your text.
    --->No counter.
    Umm. Read up on some CSS and how it can help you. I was looking at your source and that is WAY to much code for what im seeing on your page. I dont know what it's doing there. Props to jumping into a VERY competitive market. Best of luck.
    Look to the cookie Elaine....look to the cookie.

http://www.queuedtalent.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks guys you left nothing for me to say! I agree get rid of frontpage...I've had frontpage since it came out and never used it. If you must use a WYSIWYG editor go with GoLive or Dreamweaver. Both offer tons of preset options, and you can't tell that you used it. With frontpage...EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S FRONTPAGE!

edit: gave you a rating of 2 since you do show some artistic skill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads