Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Before I start, well done on this forum, I really love it. Even though the front page seems to be too cluttered, in the posts, the design of the bio on top of each post is excellent.

Ok, anyway, can people see how good (or bad) my website (http://www.julestm.net/) is. And please post feedback.

Thanks,
    JulesTM

Member #
    I don't like it, I have to say.

- I don't like the iframe (but that is pure opinion. I don't mind whether you have it, but as palmer points out below, you are almost invisible to search engines)
    - I dont like the fact that you have to scroll to see your navigation, because over 50% of my visitors still use 800x600, so i design to that resolution
    - Your website is off-centre - it could do with being shifted a little to the left and up mroe, that way ther wouldn't perhaps be as much, if any, horizontal scrolling.
    - there is no design consistency from the home page to the rest, you need to pick a design, and keep it.
    - once on the other pages. you have nothing to tell you what to do. there is no description for the games etc.

Overall, I think you have done a great job creating your site, but I don't like it.
    [EDITED]
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    thanks, what screen resolution do you have?

Member #
    800 x 600. I gave your site a 2, because you put a lot of effort into creating a good site.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Welcome to the boards Jules. Very interesting site, it's really unique. I love the homepage, but the design once you're in the site is quite plain compared to the homepage. Nice work though, welcome to WDF.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The biggest problem in this site is that there's no consistency. There are three separate templates (home page, content pages, forum pages), each of which has its own width, navigation layout, and graphics.

I say pick one and stick with it. Personally, I think the homepage has the best graphic look. It's the most unique and most appealing of all of them. Make it 100% width, and make a modified version of it for the content pages and the forums. Make your forum banner the same width as the forum application. Right now it doesn't look like it fits.

I gave you a 2

Member #
    Haha. I really enjoy the homepage. Very creative. shows you DO have some skill.

However the previous gripes do hold true. Maintain your layout. Dont switch it from page to page. IFRAMEs are pure opinion. You like them? Keep them. No problems here. (though you are dead to search engines) You might want to use some CSS you mod that scroll bar to help it fit in.

A purely cosmetic suggestion of mine would be to get a couple digital photos(if you can) and replace the drawings on the main page with real pictures, make it really look like a desk. Yeah....that would be pretty damn cool. ohh ..what i would do with your site........
    Look to the cookie Elaine....look to the cookie.

http://www.queuedtalent.com

Member #
    Comments Edited

I've edited my comments in my post above. Thanks.

[EDIT] Also, I can't seem to access "PixelCity"?? there is a page error

Member #
    agree with palmer
    pretty creative. with the pencil image matchin with forums text
    -pictures link broken.
    -i like your read more.. links, :classic: i mean tha yellow page the text is in.

also,
    whats pixelcity suppose to be? just an image?

Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Pretty creative design overall, I really like the design of the home page. Agree with what was said about the other pages. They're simple, and lose the emphasis of the home page. You'd be better served with one consistent design.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads