Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Website Review

Member #
    Liked
    45 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is a website I've been working on which is part of a school program to assist teachers with tech issues.

Here are the requirements for the design as stated from the program director:
    1. clean/simple design
    2. easy to navigate
    3. fast loading
    4. compatible to ALL browsers
      (I don't have IE 6,7, or 8. If you have one of these, please tell me how well the design looks in them)

When reviewing the design, please be thinking of those requirements.
    I have not finished all pages. Anyways, here are the pages I need reviewed:
    1. Index page
    2. category page (choose a category button)
    3. On the category page, scroll down and click the "click here" link. I have a jQuery effect I would like reviewed.
    4. computer maintenance page
      (You will find this on the category page. It is the only category that will work at this point.)
    5. virus checking page
      (you will find this page on the computer maintenance page as a sub topic. It is the only sub topic completed. Also on this page, the video at the bottom is a placeholder to simulate what the page will look like once the video tutorial is completed. The links on the right sidebar have not been set up yet)
    6. contact page
    7. tech request page
      (I have not written the php script for this form yet so it will not work)
    8. news page
    9. news sub topic (pick on of the sub topics in the news page)

The category pages will look similar as well as the sub category pages.
    Just as a note, I grabbed some stock photos from the internet as test images. I will actually buy the images in the future once the website is ready to post.
    I'm looking for any tips/suggestions to improve the design.
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    One last thing. Right now, the design is using red, white, and shades of grey.

I think I need another color in the design to make it look better. Maybe a shade of blue? What do you guys think?
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I remember you. Looks like your still using the design concept I gave you before. That's cool. Still open to improvements?

• First thing, way too many borders.
    • Maybe your thinking the borders are being used as separators , but so many are not needed.
    • If you have your elements strategical aligned a certain way, they will give the illusion of separation.
    • The about us section, maybe have images like you have with the others.
    • I went ahead and did some improvements , you can use it again if you want.techbid.png

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 228030
    I remember you. Looks like your still using the design concept I gave you before. That's cool. Still open to improvements?

• First thing, way too many borders.
    • Maybe your thinking the borders are being used as separators , but so many are not needed.
    • If you have your elements strategical aligned a certain way, they will give the illusion of separation.
    • The about us section, maybe have images like you have with the others.
    • I went ahead and did some improvements , you can use it again if you want.
    Thank you for the tips. After reviewing the website, I realized that I forgot to add some important pages to the website . So I added a upper navigation to hold those extra pages. I also added what will be a jQuery content slider in place of the big image in the middle.

Just as a side note, the official colors of the program are red, white, and blue. So when you used blue in the ribbons, I got and idea on how to add some more of that color into the design. It looks a lot better.

What do you think?

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Looks pretty good, what kills me is the thick dark borders though,maybe its just me. Have some more space between the logo section from the top nav. Looks it bit too close .It looks like it's coming along, keep it up.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 228098
    Looks pretty good, what kills me is the thick dark borders though,maybe its just me.
    I don't see the dark borders you are talking about. Could you point them out?

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I'mWebsite Review WebDesignForums.net.png use to using lighter and thinner that's why they bother me.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hmm for some reasons when I check your site in IE the third box just gotten off below but in Fire Fox it's ok ... I think you better check it out first on IE either way yeah borders are visible it's like a box type portfolio type of a website. I'm liking MYIWDesigns suggestion really professional touch.
    Your cool Web Design and Web Development resources

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blogfreakz, post: 228108
    Hmm for some reasons when I check your site in IE the third box just gotten off below but in Fire Fox it's ok ... I think you better check it out first on IE either way yeah borders are visible it's like a box type portfolio type of a website. I'm liking MYIWDesigns suggestion really professional touch.
    What version of IE are you using?

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    What I think you should do is use adobe browser labs. It lets you see how your website look in different browsers. https://browserlab.adobe.com/en-us/index.html# you will need to sign up with adobe if you don't already have an account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads