Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback in regards to a new website I created for a client. I know it's made with tables and there is some on-page css styling. Disregarding that, what do you think?

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Remove them tables!!!!!!! Tables are bad from a seo-perspective

Well, the site looks nice I think. Clean and stylistic.
    Have you made the art yourself? or is is stolen or are you allowed to use it?

The contact forms could look better. Maybe add round corners?

The Jquery on services is cool. However, does serach engine index the hidden text? - I'm not sure.
    And maybe the services should be in small boxes so it doesn't get that messy, like this http://www.w3schools.com/jquery/tryi...y_slide_toggle

That's all I can come up with at the moment.

Live long and prosper
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DropPaint, post: 228039
    Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback in regards to a new website I created for a client. I know it's made with tables and there is some on-page css styling. Disregarding that, what do you think?
    The thing is, if we're going to give good feedback, we have to be able to comment on everything. Asking us to disregard the most obvious problems with the code somewhat defeats the purpose of the review.
    That said, here's a few things you may want to look at:
    • There should be a "HOME" link on every page.
    • Many of the items with icons on the homepage, particularly those of the services in the footer, look like they should be clickable links and are not.
    • On the home page, in the banner, "Quality at it's best" its should have no apostrophe. An apostrophe indicates the shortened form of "it is", not the possessive.
    • I'd like to see all the elements on the home page spaced just a little close together vertically, to minimize the scrolling the visitor has to do in order to see the whole page.
    • You need to add some metatags and a description in the <head> for SEO purposes.

It's a nice, clean design, and a good start design-wise - but I think you'd be doing yourself and your client a favour by recoding it without the tables.

Amd I have a question, too. Why are you using .php instead of .html for you filenames? Are you using PHP for includes or something like that?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 228097
    The thing is, if we're going to give good feedback, we have to be able to comment on everything. Asking us to disregard the most obvious problems with the code somewhat defeats the purpose of the review.
    That said, here's a few things you may want to look at:
    • There should be a "HOME" link on every page.
    • Many of the items with icons on the homepage, particularly those of the services in the footer, look like they should be clickable links and are not.
    • On the home page, in the banner, "Quality at it's best" its should have no apostrophe. An apostrophe indicates the shortened form of "it is", not the possessive.
    • I'd like to see all the elements on the home page spaced just a little close together vertically, to minimize the scrolling the visitor has to do in order to see the whole page.
    • You need to add some metatags and a description in the <head> for SEO purposes.

It's a nice, clean design, and a good start design-wise - but I think you'd be doing yourself and your client a favour by recoding it without the tables.

Amd I have a question, too. Why are you using .php instead of .html for you filenames? Are you using PHP for includes or something like that?
    Thanks for the input. I will change the "it's." Minor mistake on my behalf. I'll attempt to shorten the spacing for each individual table and yes, I am using header and footer includes. My contact forms are also utilizing php scripting to function.

Oh, and the home page link is connected to the logo. It's much more professional that way.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DropPaint, post: 228105
    ...Oh, and the home page link is connected to the logo. It's much more professional that way.
    Actually, it's more professional to have the logo as a link AND a text link in your nav - not everyone knows the logo is a link.
    Andrew Yurlov likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 228124
    Actually, it's more professional to have the logo as a link AND a text link in your nav - not everyone knows the logo is a link.
    Liked this because of your signature quote

"No matter how old you are, an empty wrapping paper tube is still a lightsaber."
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The site has now been updated. Will you please give me some feedback in regards to the new design?

Thanks guys!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I love it, great!
    Where did you find that slideshow? I'd want one of those!

btw, haven't your titles exceeded the limit of what is good for seo?
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    I think it looks great! I'd like to see some pretty urls though (htaccess). But I think I'm overly picky about that.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTeapot, post: 228395
    I love it, great!
    Where did you find that slideshow? I'd want one of those!

btw, haven't your titles exceeded the limit of what is good for seo?
    Very good point. Lose most of your title. Keep just the necessary stuff.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads