Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello All,

If you could please look at my site and please
    tell me what you like about it and what I could do to make it better. http://www.wlynch.com

Thanks,
    Nathan Lynch ::bandit:

Member #
    The flash intro is too slow. and there wasn't a skip button for me to skip it because I was bored. The site is okay, except for the fact that the windows that open upon clicking a link popup right in my bottom right hand corenr with about 50px of the banner showin. that is it. also there are too many page. First one popup. then another, then you click next, and another popup. AAAAAAAHHHH.
    voerall the site design looks quite good, although the "on hover" flahs properties are hard to read because you have to scroll to read the entire description, which you can't do If you have to hover on it.

BTW I'm using 800x600 resolution
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks good, just a few things i woul change.

When you rollover the nevigation the pictures in your interface are very low quality.

When you click on one of the links in the navigation it pops up a new window. You should instead have a scrollbar area on your site.

the f22, f16, f11 and so on things are low quality too.

Lighten up the word photography.

Lighten up your nav.

Lighten up your name and associates text.

Other then that it looks good .

Welcome to the forums .
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    about the flash intro:
    click here for an explanation for it

click here to see how annoying it can be

[This site is on a pinned topic called "Never ever do these things when making your page" ]
    Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't have flash installed so i got a big "get this plugin" box and nothing ever happened... F on usability =x

BTW justlivyalife, the reason your attatchment is so hard to read is because the entire background of the page is white. Change it to black and the inverted text wil be easier to read. And for all that you made the font like 8pt...
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's a nice overall design. One gripe that I have are the rollovers on the navigation. The navigation isn't distributed evenly vertically. Meaning you've got more/less space between "liqour & people/places", than the rest of the links. Also, there's not a smooth transition between them. There's a little bit of space between food and liqour which makes the rollover skip. I'd suggest placing the text in a black box and making the box the bounding area of the button. That way you have a smoother transition.

The other thing that I notice is that the text on the nav is harder to read...looks like you've got some kind of fade on it. And you really should ditch the popups...anyone with popup stopper won't see a great deal of your site.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It requires Flash to work which is unacceptable.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Welcome to the boards Nathan. I agree with what most others have said...here are my comments:
    1. It appears that you tried to design your site for 800x600, but making the site's size 800x600 will cause scrolling for users w/ this resolution. Reason: they aren't going to use the full screen for your site, but you've specified a size that is the whole screen for 800x600 users. The maximum width you should use is 780, and the height is variable, depending on how many toolbars the user has in their browser window.
    2. I would recommend getting rid of the popups, more and more browsers are now coming with popup blockers built in. Mine killed yours, until I disabled it.
    3. You appear to have a spotlight effect on the homepage, I'm not really a fan of it. Mainly because most of your text is outside of the spotlight. This makes it harder to read, and makes it look non-important (out of the spotlight).

Nice work on the site overall. You may want to consider not doing it all in flash though, this site can be created using HTML/CSS/Javascript and not lose any of the effects (albeit it would use alot of preloading).

Member #
    I don't really like the way its so simple. Its starts of really well,i like the silver thing that comes in but after that its all down hill. Sorry mate

Banned
    Member #
    4!!

Remove Ads