Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Is the New Design Better?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • The New Design is Better

0 0%
  • The Old Design is Better

1 100.00%
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys,

I'd like to get your opinion on my site's new design vs the old one.

Specifically I'd like your input on these pages:
    /home
    /account-setup
    /sports-betting-forum
    /sports-betting-forum/thread/3409-Who%27s-Going-to-Win-the-Super-Bowl%3F (or any topic page)
    /sports-handicapper-rankings ---> this is the one that I know is just horrendous but I have no idea what to do with this page. Any help would be really appreciated!

The /sports-pick-tracker page can be ignored because I have some plans for that one.

To compare to the original site, just replace "dev" with "www".

Thanks for any help!

ps. Although it may be obvious, I'd like to point out that I am NOT a designer. I'm a backend guy just trying to hack something together. I purchased 4 different templates and combined them together to get the desired effect. I'm very happy with the home page, but some of the other pages I don't like too much.

Member #
    Would love to get some feedback. I'm getting mixed reviews from my users with some really loving it and some really hating it. It's confusing me.

Member #
    I generally liked the old design better but it was very close - the look and feel of the home page invited more trust in the old design - more professional.The one-click play movie in the slider on the original design is much more inviting as well - if you see a play button right there, its hard not to press it and videos are a great way to get people interested in your site so I'm not a fan of having to click "take tour" before getting to the video - get it in the user's face as quickly as possible. I did like the /account-setup page on the new design though and I think the more casual fun nature you're trying to introduce to the site is appropriate but perhaps not to the degree of the new design. Perhaps somewhere between the two (just to be difficult). Logo's are about even in appeal. They're both just OK. Maybe you might want to hire someone to design a logo for you...

P.S Great site - looks like heaps of fun!

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback! Do you have any recommendations on how I could salvage the new design? Perhaps with a darker color scheme?

I'm definitely trying to push across "fun and easy to use" but I don't want to look unprofessional either.

Remove Ads