Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone! I have just finished my last and final update for the DropPaint website. Does it look better than the last? What do you like, dislike?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I dislike the tables and inline styles. The overall look isn't bad. The photo of the painter is really low quality and looks completely out of place, as is the Facebook like button. You're using images where you should be just using text and CSS.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the car has a nice body, but an outdated engine under the hood.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    If you wanted to completely redesign it why not redesign with div's? Seems like a missed opportunity to me..... I really like the design though. If you convert to div's I think the site will do just fine.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    TOS is useless, Since the TOS is suppose to only be in regards to the site itself and use of the site.

Should probably put some kind of form validation on the contact form.

Many pages rendered very slowly on an iPhone.

Explanation for name changing would make me not want to hire, suspect something more than is given. I would just say we changed our name and leave it at that. " formerly known as logans painting" would be plenty.

Should probably reword the guarantee " some work", make me think " some" could be applied to pretty much anything.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 228842
    I dislike the tables and inline styles. The overall look isn't bad. The photo of the painter is really low quality and looks completely out of place, as is the Facebook like button. You're using images where you should be just using text and CSS.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the car has a nice body, but an outdated engine under the hood.
    Each page is completely different than the last. Why would I waste time putting all of the CSS into a "main.css" stylesheet when I can just edit the one single page? An external stylesheet is used to make a developers job easy, in that they only have to update one file to change the entire site. In my case, this isn't applicable.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 228848
    TOS is useless, Since the TOS is suppose to only be in regards to the site itself and use of the site.

Should probably put some kind of form validation on the contact form.

Many pages rendered very slowly on an iPhone.

Explanation for name changing would make me not want to hire, suspect something more than is given. I would just say we changed our name and leave it at that. " formerly known as logans painting" would be plenty.

Should probably reword the guarantee " some work", make me think " some" could be applied to pretty much anything.
    Wrong, wrong and wrong! I think you need to take a giant leap back and read the TOS on our site. Not only does it protect our IP information, but it also claims the certain services we offer - in a legal form.

As far as the iPhone goes... I understand people are utilizing phones to visit websites on a daily basis, however, if someone is dead set on hiring a painter to complete a job, they aren't going to use an iPhone.

Also, in regards to the "some work" guarantee, we do ONLY guarantee SOME work completed within a contract. If your house burns down due to a cooking fire, we're not going to replace the paint job under warranty. It's as simple as that. Generalizations are interpreted incorrectly - ALWAYS.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov, post: 228847
    If you wanted to completely redesign it why not redesign with div's? Seems like a missed opportunity to me..... I really like the design though. If you convert to div's I think the site will do just fine.
    Being different and unorthodox is my style. There's no two ways about it! If tables work, and look great for my site, then they'll stay that way. I appreciate the input, but I'm not converting the entire site to Divs just to please someone who's not even associated with the business. There has yet to be any proof that tables affect SEO in a negative manner. Look it up, prove me wrong.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 228842

Ohhhhh, I also forgot to mention. Haven't you heard of the "alt" tag for an image in html? Isn't is a known fact that this is used by search engines? How about used by search engines to acquire text information about a certain image? From the primitive days of the search engines, they have always been capable of picking up alt text on any given page, then applying that to their overall report of the site.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DropPaint, post: 228852
    Ohhhhh, I also forgot to mention. Haven't you heard of the "alt" tag for an image in html? Isn't is a known fact that this is used by search engines? How about used by search engines to acquire text information about a certain image? From the primitive days of the search engines, they have always been capable of picking up alt text on any given page, then applying that to their overall report of the site.
    Yeah, and I'm sure h# tags don't carry just a bit more weight...

Oh, and I forgot to mention: text downloads way faster than images. Not that you're too concerned about page load speed...

Try not to get your panties in a bunch. You asked for a review, and I gave it.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DropPaint, post: 228849
    Each page is completely different than the last. Why would I waste time putting all of the CSS into a "main.css" stylesheet when I can just edit the one single page? An external stylesheet is used to make a developers job easy, in that they only have to update one file to change the entire site. In my case, this isn't applicable.
    Read what you wrote again, carefully. You kinda contradict yourself.
    Even if each page is completely different, and there's no conceivable way you could reuse any of the styles, the CSS file is already downloaded on the user's machine, so they don't have to wait for the inline styles to load along with the mess of tables.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads