Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm wondering what you all think? I was inspired to do a new look. I wanna know which you all like better.

New : http://www.metatrox.com/new3.html - Also the main link above.
    or
    Old : http://www.metatrox.com

They are similar in layout and delivery but a different look.

THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR NEW DESIGN**
    - Only the "Photography" and "Digital Graphics" links work so far.
    - No content is loaded into the content box yet.

Anyways I want some feedback before I put any more time into it.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi there! Well, it looks like you are downgrading if you consider the new3.html as new.For me it's the opposite, the actual site looks much modern and stylish in the overall look!I like the index one:Bellissima!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Agreed, stick with the older one.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I actually like the second one(http://www.metatrox.com/new3.html) except for the total lack of content on the home page and the blue "sample image" blocks throughout the site. I just like the design more - it's cleaner, crisper, and more interesting. I particularly like the slide-in effect of the sub-sections under the main slider on the Photography and Digital Graphics pages.

Whichever you choose, though, get your CSS and javascript into external files.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    wow, i'm glad to see someone actually liked the new one. I thought for sure everyone would like the new one better. LOL

Yes all the code is a mess for now it would be cleaned up when i go to implement it.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd say stick with the old one. It's slick! Great logo area, Slider is always a great addition, colors all match up very well, easy on the eyes - Things I would change: Add some line spacing on each page where those 4 column areas are (I'd say something like line-height: 18px or something around there), to space is out. I would change from a #FFF white to an off white color. That #FFF white is a little hard on the eyes against the dark brown, and lastly, on the homepage, I would redo the layout of the Form. It seems like it should be better aligned or something. Overall, great job on the design though! Keep us updated!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I still like the new one. The slider, with it's modern clean graphics, is mush more suited to this than to the retro-looking brown site.
    Can't wait to see the finished product - and I will be checking to see where the CSS and javascript end up!
    DanExcell likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Like your new design much better, but it could do a better job of showing all your services when you first reach homepage without having to scroll. At first I thought you only offered photography.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks!
    It actually auto scroll in the beginning. But once you place mouse over link then the auto stops. There is a few second load time before the auto starts to play also.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 229593

Whichever you choose, though, get your CSS and javascript into external files.
    lol, you crack me up.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads