Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Old vs New

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I was asked to redesign my client site http://ganeshaghar.jp and i have gone this far.Can you take a moment and let me know if i did improve it over the old one please?

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    That's weird , its an Indian restaurant? why is the website in Japanese?

Well they both pretty much look the same, just slight changes.
    Redesign of a website means a totally different look/concept. I guess if they only asked for it to be tweaked I guess that look fine.

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    In my opinion and this is mine only. It's totally to busy and has absolutely to many things on one page.
    If i went to visit that site to read about the place I would leave it immediately and 17 more folks in my office said the same thing.
    It has a lot of promise if made more user friendly. Contrary to what some people may think most people do not like sites with so many things crammed onto one page.

We took a Thai restaurant site apart that was more busy than that one and did a total rebuild on it and made it much more user friendly. The owner started getting business off his web site after the rebuild and was getting compliments on his new site.

People that are visually impaired and people that have high zooms on there computers and or small monitors leave a busy looking site as fast as they can. I think the slider needs some work done on it also.
    I'm sure you can make that site very user friendly and a much better looking site with some thought and work into it. I certainly like the header you put on it. Wanna loan it to me
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank fyou for the reply.One thing i should mention that designers should pay attention to the Domain Name Extension(@MYIWDesigns).if it's .jp means that the server is japanese and location is japan.So the restaurant is for japanese customers(Here in japan,they don't speak english).
    @bleau canon, can you please send me a link for the Thai restaurant you made,Thanx(you can have what you want,feel free).

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I think you could make it less busy by removing the paper texture of the main content, and change the grey in the main background into a lighter grey (almost near white so it almost blends with the actual white). Also remove the bevel effect.

Of course, space out the content a little more. Unlike newspapers, you have unlimited vertical page.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I really appreciate your time in comparing the Two sites. Thank you so much for commenting.

Remove Ads