Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

There is a company designing our website, unfortunately not all the people with this company agree on how the site should be done. I am big on format and layout and don't really like some of the stuff I see, but I could be wrong. So I am leaving it in your hands. Nitpic this site, tell me everything you see wrong. I want it to look very professional and a lot of the people that will be visiting it will be retirees so it needs to be easy too. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Looks good except for the rotator. The wow slider is a little fussy for me with the size and where it's located on the page. Personally I would use a different slider that had a more fade in effect and was a little slower.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't get your rotator, to be honest with you. I click on an info circle and I see a white square. That's not really...well, informative. Need the info.

I'm going to give you a bit of the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're not the design/SEO company. Those people should be fired on the spot. Anyone who insists on a designer credit link is not, has never been, and will never be a true designer or anything close to an expert on Internet marketing. if the company's that good, it shouldn't need to piggyback off of something its customers paid it to build. That's just scummy marketing. Get rid of their footer links, and don't pay for the "privilege" either. No excuses, no copouts, no BS...get rid of 'em.

You should have pictures of your concierges, rather than pictures of the homes. If I were a South Florida property owner looking to use this service, I'd want to at least be able to see who's watching my house and doing my dry cleaning and I'd like to know (s)he isn't stupid enough to do something like letting out my goldfish into the Atlantic Ocean for a nice swim with the predator fishies.

The only other thought I have is that it sucks that it's on Wordpress, but I've already explained this enough times on this site already.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thank you for your input and I was also wondering about Wordpress, I thought that was more for blogging sites? The web designer with the company that we hired is using Wordpress. I have some knowledge of web design and have created a few for people and the only time I ever even thought of Wordpress was someone wanted a blog on their site. There are 3 owners of the company including myself and we all need to agree on the design of this website, which we don't right now. Also, I have new computers with Windows 7 and I use IE 8 and Firefox; the site show up correctly on Firefox but doesn't show up correctly on IE 8 (the navigation bar across the top wraps around, even on large monitors), but my partner is running Windows Vista and IE 8 and it shows up correctly for him. Has anyone see problems with the navigation bar at the top of the page?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, here are a few of my opinions - 1) There is too much white space under the area that says "Changing the face of House Sitting" where that paragraph is, 2) The rotator is "too much" imo - I would make the rotation a slow fade in/fade out type rotator, and 3) The navigation is a little boring. I would make better hover effects with the navigation, such as making the background items change color, so you know which item your hovering over, etc. Overall, it's clean, but there is a little work that needs to be done IMO. Hope this helps.

Remove Ads