Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My first landing page design.. what do you guys think?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    It looks really good. The only thing I see is that the page is designed in the style and graphical quality we've come to expect from you (which is a compliment), but the logo doesn't fit that style. I'm having a bit of trouble explaining it, but basically, the logo is flat and almost a kind of grunge style, but the page design is sleek, with your usual, well-applied gradients and drop shadows.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Thanks! Not much I can do about the logo, wasn't my design. All I did was work from it's color scheme.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    I understand your situation with the logo. We sometimes get caught with a company logo made by someone else that needs to be changed and the company won't let us.

Your site looks good and the only thing I dislike about it is the size of the Contact Us and the Subscribe buttons. I would crop them closer to the letters and make them smaller.

We also have a visually impaired employee and she could actually read the site without having to zoom and made the comment...it's not a cluttered mess like the majority of the sites are now and the colors are pleasing to my eyes. Not being a cluttered mess is probably one of the reasons she had no difficulties reading the site even with the smaller fonts.

Good job!
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I wouldn't make the buttons smaller. They're call to action buttons. You want people clicking on them. The only thing I'd do with them is put a stroke around the letters to give them some contrast.

Other than that, the only thought I have is that the yellowy text on the light background is hard to read because of the lack of contrast. Again, though, you're working off of the logo, so that's not really on you. I'm down with the clown other than that (listening to ICP while I write this post.)
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 229543
    I wouldn't make the buttons smaller. They're call to action buttons. You want people clicking on them. The only thing I'd do with them is put a stroke around the letters to give them some contrast.

Other than that, the only thought I have is that the yellowy text on the light background is hard to read because of the lack of contrast. Again, though, you're working off of the logo, so that's not really on you. I'm down with the clown other than that (listening to ICP while I write this post.)
    I place an text shadow, does it make a difference?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Not much of one. It's still kind of fuzzy that way.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 229558
    Not much of one. It's still kind of fuzzy that way.
    hmmm i seee, i'll try to come up with something

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Try a 1-2px inset with a slightly bolder weight on the font, #666666 for the shadow color
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 229570
    Try a 1-2px inset with a slightly bolder weight on the font, #666666 for the shadow color
    ok will do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads