Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

I have recently started to take web design more seriously and want to make it my full-time career in a few years as I improve my skills and build my portfolio. In the meantime I would like to gain small clients from my local community or whoever finds my portfolio and contacts me.

I understand most of the code and just now getting into learning Javascript and PHP indepth rather than finding someone elses code and copy/pasting. I feel if I continue to copy/paste that I won't make it in the web design/developer field.

But enough with my life story, the point of this post is that I have started to build my portfolio, and I'm at the point where I would like some opinions on the design portion of it. I'm one of those that are more technical, less creative, so things I view as creative may be boring and overdone to others. I'm trying to get my mindset as a designer "out of the box."

The site can be located at http://dev.jabrowndesigns.com

Thanks for your time!

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Is it an edited template or one you created yourself from scratch?
    I think it looks good. Colors work well together. You just need more content.

Also as a suggestion. I wouldn't put the site directly on your domain name UNTIL its ready for live. People could find you, see a half finished site and then go to someone else as they wont think your interested in building websites anymore.

create a /site folder on the domain, put the site in there, make changes, edit etc and then copy to the root of the domain. In the meantime add a Underconstruction index.html in the root till its done

Hope this helps.

-m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    I got inspiration from a few different websites but all the images and code are from me. I created a dev.jabrowndesigns.com, just had to wait for it to propagate.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments

Remove Ads