Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Whats up everyone, I just finished the overall design of my site,Woodrrow's Inc. I know there are a few things that need to be touched up, such as the left menu doesnt extend to the footer.. Also how is my logo? In another sense what are some good ways to get my site known? Thanks for all of your input.

Ben Woodward
    www.woodrrows.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Lookin good. Be careful not to emulate template looks too closely, though.

Also, your banner says "WOODDRROW" - a couple too many letters, no?

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Horizontal scrolling at 800x600, ugh
    JR

Member #
    oh thanks, totally forgot about that, im going to make a splash page so users can choose their resolution. If anyone has scripts for detecting what resolution a person has and directing them to the right page please let me know. Thanks again.

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Very bad idea, but if you must know http://www.webdesignforums.net/thread7769.html
    JR

Member #
    I wouldn't use a resolution script for finding resolution either. Generally it's not a good idea to not use javascript for mission critical jobs. If your rollovers break, no big, but if your site gateway breaks, uggg.

Also, unless your site is database / XML fed PHP or PHP / XML fed Flash or using some other kid of high end technology keep in mind that your acctually going have to write and matain each version of the site. Make a spelling error? Forget a tr? Now you have to fix it in every copy. If you do do decide to go the machochistic route then make sure you only have 2 versions. Regardless there are so many beter ways around this.

Also, your page doesn't go to the bottom in 1024 by 1280 (yes, there are people that use that). Try adding a height: 100% to your main table. Rember, thats just the minimum height so it wouln't fail to load or anything on smaller screens.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    100% height is a bad idea. It's incompletely supported by older browsers, and causes row height distortions where it is supported. I personally prefer designs that assume that some pages won't make it to the bottom and address the bottom edge of the site similarly to the sides.

Member #
    Very cool site you made dude. Love the colours and the layout, has a very elegant/professional feel to it all. Two things I thought were average:

1. The last update text "looks" like a link and I tried to click on it. Maybe change it so that it isn't underlined and doesn't "look" like a link.

2. At 1024 I had scrollbars when I had favorites on which kinda sucked, but I guess it comes down to the question of "how many users has favorites turned on?".

Member #
    Is it just me or are more people posting websites that neglect 800x600???
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, I need lots of 'constructive critisism'. I'm 18 and about to enter college majoring in Internet Technologies or Computer Sciences/Engineering somewhere. So I hope to learn a lot more from all of you and school :classic:. This is the 4th site I've ever maintained for more than a week. So please keep the tips coming, I need them.

Thanks again.
    Ben

Remove Ads