Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://n4sty.sof2files.com

any advice on what i can do to make it better ,.I made the site in notepad all self taught so I'm sure its missin a few things that can be improved on,.. any help would be very appreciated

thx in advance

Member #
    If you going to write code in noepad, or anyware, you really should indent it at least semi consistanly. If you don't want to use a tab then a space will work but however you do it will catch up with you later. If you want to check it for errors throw a DOCTYPE on and head over to : http://www.w3schools.com/site/site_validate.asp.
    If you don't know what a doctype is try it without one and it will give you a list, you want transitional. Btw, the doctype should be used but i don't why because they break my sites so you can take it off when your done. It's not that good but it does find errors like missing end tags and whatnots.

As for the look, it's not my thing, but there isn't really one distict thing for me to comment on so I'll save that for somone else.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Actually, the accepted standard for general code indents is 4 spaces per indent (for consistency between editors). Some editors show a tab as 4 spaces, others show a tab as 8 spaces, and so on. Tabs work well enough though.

Member #
    Good to see I am not the only person to use notepad so I would learn HTML more effectively. Not a bad site but when I viewed it at 1024 with favorites turned on I ended up with three scrollbars on the screen (grrr, scrollbars). I had two down the right side of the screen and one at the bottom.

I didn't mind the color scheme but the fonts seemed to be a little boring, especially the banner text.

Anyone else?

Member #
    On a 1280x1024 resolution I get two scrollbars, which is still too many IMO. The scrollbar for the news is in the middle of that cell: there's wasted space between the scroll bar and the line to the right of it that seperates the cells.

I agree that the font in the banner could be cooler, I like to use unique fonts in images, to get away from the same fonts people see all over the web.

Member #
    *sighs*

Ok, it's not that bad, but I will say that I find this design a *yawn* right from the get go. This is not to say that you have done a bad job, but I just don't find it appealing....

1. Layout - seems like a copy of so many other sites out there (of course, I could be wrong, it has been known to happen )

2. Nav menu - thsi is the dullest part of the site - seems very 1996 to me. You can do better than this with very little effort. Sorry to seem blunt here, but this type of menu seems dated, that's all.

3. Why am I ending up with two scrollbars - one on the page and one in the browser (NYET!!)

4. Colours - green is nice and soothing, but I find it overused here - you need at least one other colour to compliment that green. I find the whole site reminding me of an old monochrome monitor of the late 80's (EEK!!)

2.5 out of 5.

Remove Ads