Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,
    I've done a lot of work on this quilt shop site. It's not finished yet. There are still some known issues that I need to sort out such as:

recent blog entry on home page only: not quite sure how to do that yet.
    border on columns on Shop page: I simply added code into the html WP page itself. Would you recommend I put this in the style.css page instead?
    Would like to add small sliders to each page in the left side with perhaps 2-4 rotating pics relating to page topic. What do you think? Again, not sure how to customize each page.
    Still need to SEO with SEO plugin.

Let me know what you think. Would love some feedback.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I like the background but I have never been a fan of headers with a bunch of varying pictures. How 'bout picking a few fabric looking designs and making them look like a quilt at the top. You might have to reduce the opacity to make the logo show up but that's just an idea. Just my two cents.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    1. I agree with Ash B, you should find a nice, professional close-up, sexy picture of a quilt and make that your header instead. Would make your site more dynamic.

2. Your menu width div (the sea green) needs to be set, I think. Right now, for me, it's extending past the container into infinity.

3. Less text. I know the people that visit are patient, older ladies (that's who I believe are into quilts), but there seems to be an awful lot of reading. And since your audience is older, maybe increase the font-size and line spacing too.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I agree about the pictures in the header. I'm testing a slider right now that would make it more dynamic.

Didn't know about the menu problem. I'm actually thinking of putting the navigation in the left sidebar especially if I have a slider in the header.

I like the quilt idea. The client gave me a bunch of pictures on a cd. I didn't see any good pics of quilts but I'll check again.

Thanks for the feedback!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I just checked the site in different browsers. The menu does indeed extend past the container in IE when your screen is not on full screen. Will definitely sort that! Works ok in Safari and Firefox.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 232302
    I like the quilt idea. The client gave me a bunch of pictures on a cd. I didn't see any good pics of quilts but I'll check again.

Thanks for the feedback!
    You could try stock photo websites. They might have some or even deviantart.com might have some.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I showed the progress to the client and she'd rather have her own photos on the site. She's pleased with it so far. I would still like to have something a bit more dynamic so I'll try and get a slider to work in there somewhere.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the content of the site, however I think it's not eye catching enough. check out zimpleweb.com if you would like to revamp your site a little. I used it for my own business and it has increased my conversion rate by double. Noah
    Alanna Baxter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The page size is the big conflict in your website.. try making it perfect for the site..

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi David. What do you mean by "making it perfect for the site." ? What, in your opinion, is the problem with the page size? Is it too big for the amount of content? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads