Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So I have started to really get into web design, and thought I might make myself a website to help advertise my services. Tell me what you think.

Also, I am getting quite a few errors on my forms (they work fine, but W3C validator gives me warnings). Could someone take a peek at the source and let me know what is wrong?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Ok... Going out on a limb here, might seem harsh, but I'm more of a realist than anything... So here goes...

You say the validator shows errors ... The one at the top of this page identifies the errors and explains them in detail.

If this were just for a personal site... I would try and explain the errors... BUT, you're wanting to do web design for others and have them pay you for it... And you can't look at the validator errors and see the problem ?

So are you expecting others to troubleshoot issues with sites that you may be designing for others ?

Again, not being harsh, being realistic... If they seem the same, sorry, but there are a lot of people here that spent a lot of years developing skills and learning the basics, and I doubt my statements seem harsh to them.

There's more to web design than wysiwyg editors, and other peoples templates... Way too many people think they can use both and build a business.... Not that easy.

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback, I wouldn't consider it harsh. You're right that I should be able to problem solve by myself, however I am in a bit of a pickle when it comes to the form errors because I thought for sure I was doing it correctly. The validator is telling me I can't have "input" tags inside a form all inside a div?

Also I don't use WYSIWYG or templates, it is all created with HTML, CSS, and a pinch of PHP.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    good start, but:
    -present the items in the home page in the same order as it says under your logo
    -use only one form, having multiple is confusing

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    1. I would change the fonts a bit.

2. Dont use 2 forms. Use one form and load tweets or other info instead of the second form.

3. Make the form(s) at the bottom more web 2 like.

4. Try and keep more than 1 testimonial. Use jquery to rotate it.

Cheers.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Did you write most of the markup or was it generated? To much inline styling. You should at least finish all of the other pages before putting your "design" under the GUN.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    I wrote everything, but where are you seeing inline styling? It is all external.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NateWeller, post: 232806
    I wrote everything, but where are you seeing inline styling? It is all external.

<input type="text" name="name" value="Name" onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.style.color='#000'; this.value='Name'}" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Name') {this.style.color='#000'; this.value=''}"><br>
    <input type="text" name="email" value="Email" onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.style.color='#000'; this.value='Email'}" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Email') {this.style.color='#000'; this.value=''}"><br>
    <textarea name="message" rows="1" cols="20" onblur="if(this.value =='') { this.style.color='#000'; this.value='Your Message.'}" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Your Message.') {this.style.color='#000'; this.value=''
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Remove Ads