Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi again, I completely revamped the site. woodrrows.com . I still have to finish the rest of the subpages but let me know how it looks now, and of things I should change about it.

Thanks
    Ben

Member #
    yeah man the site is nice so far fella keep it coming! Very different from the last edit.

Member #
    i dont like the scrollbar, draws too much attention
    i like the template/design.
    good work
    Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    better than the last one - you have a missing image - i noticed it onm the Web Design page, bottom right.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hey nice site i like it's overall design but there's a couple of things i would change.

1 - you banner the keyboard looks like it's just been plonked there it stands ou but it doesnt look right in my opinion. Perhaps you could try fading it into your background or something along them lines.

2 - you navigation on the header looks weird like having 2 levels to it it would look better if you had it all together in 1 row.

3 - you have 1 image missing

but gd in all gd job
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    Navigation: Your navigation is okay, except that I would not have it split levelled - and also I would have the static image for the current page different to its rollovers - therefore enabling it to still be rolled over??

External Links: You have three external links on your main page which are immediately visible upon first entrance - you could move them down the page a little or create a seperate page for them. Also you should have them open in a seperate window so that visitors will stay with your site.
    [minicode]<a href="http://www.external-link.com" target="_blank"[/minicode]

Copyright notice: Your copyright notice looks a bit strange being split level and right aligned - perhaps it might look better if it were on the same level, but aligned a few spaces from the left of the screen.

Keyboard Image: As previously mentioned - It doesn't really blend in with the rest of your banner, perhaps if you added a feather edge to right and left it might blend in a little more.

Loading Time: The loading time is excellent - even when using my friends dial-up service - so a pat on the back there.

Content: The content is good - and you have kept it short, sweet and informative - which in this day and age is how it needs to be.

Conclusion: Overall though - it is a very good site, and deserves a 5/5 - but because of the few little glitches, that, in my opinion lower the site potential - it recieves a high 4 from me. Well done.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'd agree with everything that was said here. It's nice overall, but a few things would need to be changed (most of which have been mentioned already but I'll rehash anyway):
    • The menu at the top right should be on one line.
    • External links should have their own page and not be in a new window.
    • I never did like the idea of "top news" that doesn't relate to the company on a sales website. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Why point someone to another site and take them off yours for something that's not all that relevant?
    • The font size is too small and somewhat hard to read.
    • There's a broken image in the bottom right corner.

Other than that, I'm down with it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hmmm....

First note - on the "Portfolios" and "Our Partners" pages, the keyboard graphic forces the top menu onto to lines, making it inconsistent with your other pages (besides, it looks crappy).

On to check it some more - I do like the overall look though :classic:

Member #
    Your portfolio - why have the links to your client's sites leave your site? You want to keep your potential clients on your site at all times.

Your "Community" page (forum) - you should try and incorporate the page into your entire design, instead of just showing the forum page (consistency).

3 out of 5.

Just me 2 cents worth

Member #
    Ok , I think i fixed the majority of the page..

I finished giving the site a 'facelift'. I now have to turn the community page into a feedback page or something, or better yet just delete it? which should I do? Also on the portfolio page im going to have a picture of clients sites and a link to it in a new window. I mean shouldnt potential clients be able to see my work?

Thanks

Remove Ads