Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Guys,

This is a newly created site over the past few weeks that I have gradually built up myself. I know there is a few issues with "Website Speed" but I have asked for help on this subject on another thread.
    It's 100% personal website built into a piece of coursework and am not trying to sell my services or anything like that.

All feedback is appreciated and if you do have any information on why the pages take up to a few seconds to render that would be fantastic.

Thanks.
    Adam1234 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Overall it isn't too bad. I would maybe concentrate on making some of the sections more.. accessible. Perhaps moving the password protected pages in the nav menu to the bottom. Maybe if they are specifically for you out of the way of the other links? Maybe the footer?

Member #
    It's very simple. Add more details

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Okay good idea, as I explained it is work orientated so all content is relevant but don't want all of it to be accesible for obvious reasons. Maybe I will have them closer towards the bottom to keep them grouped. Pasha4ur in the nicest way, that feedback could have 'more details' itself? Details to where? Will these extra details be relevant to the design of the website?

Cheers.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by okieBASS, post: 232785
    Hi Guys,

This is a newly created site over the past few weeks that I have gradually built up myself. I know there is a few issues with "Website Speed" but I have asked for help on this subject on another thread.
    It's 100% personal website built into a piece of coursework and am not trying to sell my services or anything like that.

All feedback is appreciated and if you do have any information on why the pages take up to a few seconds to render that would be fantastic.

Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums hope you are able to learn a lot from us guys!

I presume you are Jamie, I'm Marc, and I must say, I am very impressed with your portfolio.
    1. I know you have asked the question in another thread (good work) but i can answer it here. Your site is currently 8964 bytes or around 9 meg in size... this is mainly from images, save the images that don't have transparencies as jpg rather than png and you should be able to get it under 1meg ( the smaller the website is the better for everyone )
    2. I like the use of colors, good work there. I also like the background textures you have used.
    3. Add some border-radius left on your navigation. Also you need to look at the navigation to make sure its not inline which it currently is... to do this hold ctrl and scroll out in any web browser to see the issue.
    4. Fantastic use of fluid layout. Im really impressed with that Good job there.
    5. Please reset your password to something else more alphanumeric... I was able to get into it and read your CV and your blog... with one attempt, and Im not a hacker. (Impressive CV btw add more color to it. If you would like an Idea pm me and I shall forward mine for you to look at and get an idea of.)
    6. Your code is clean and clear, good work there. My only critism is to put your css file in a folder called css and your images into a folder called (yes you guessed it) images also do js for javascript. make sure there are no spaces in your site pages or any links and that it is lowercase as well although you have had no issues with that there.

Next thing to look at is javascript. You have html/css language sorted right out. If you require help at all give me a shout and ill be happy to help.
    -Marc (aka m3)
    okieBASS likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for the great (informative) feedback. I shall be sure to take a look at the areas you have identified this evening.

Kind Regards
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Remove Ads