Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you in advance for anyone who gives me feedback. All I ask is that you please be as harsh/critical/strict as possible with your reviews. That being said, there are a few things I should point out.

The site is being created for a store that my dad owns. He sells collectibles, funny things, and different types of signs.

My idea for the site was to expand on what he has and create a gift store for men using what he already sells and adding things like barware, grillware, bbq equipment, fishing equipment, neons, sports teams merchandise, golf equipment, cigars, and anything else I find.

I bought the domain tinmanstore.com already, changing it tomorrow. I am having someone design those large sliders on the main page.

So what do you guys think?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Looks nice, great use of colors, I would try and get rid of the empty space at top, I was thinking of an outline of a ribbon with some images inside.mockup.jpg
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quite well done!
    I'm curious, what shopping cart system did you use?
    You've done an excellent job integrating it!

One thing is you might want to use a more interesting font in the navigation menu...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey123, post: 232842
    Looks nice, great use of colors, I would try and get rid of the empty space at top, I was thinking of an outline of a ribbon with some images inside.mockup.jpg
    I've been wanting to fill that area as well and I hadn't really found something that I was sold on just yet. I very much like the way the ribbon looks, and the fact that your makeshift one looks good means my designer can probably come up with a good one too.
    My concern with the ribbon though, is that it will take attention away from the product category and slider images below. I want the categories to be the thing people focus on the most and I feel like if I have too much going on up top, it might lessen the focus.
    Anyone think I'm I wrong in thinking this way?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 232844
    Quite well done!
    I'm curious, what shopping cart system did you use?
    You've done an excellent job integrating it!

One thing is you might want to use a more interesting font in the navigation menu...
    I used Magento free edition, not sure how much I like it yet. I've never had an ecommerce site before so I'm not sure if its good yet either.
    Good suggestion, I am going to look into it and see if I can find something usable. Thanks!

Remove Ads