Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

I'm semi-retired and am starting a small IT consulting business.

Most likely, I will be the only employee.

I would appreciate your opinion of my above website, both in terms of written content and "artistic" content.

Thanks,

Larry

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Hi Larry!

I assumed you designed this website. Let me tell you some key areas that need some improvement.

1. Background- No offense but the background color is an eyesore because the color blue is too loud. It would be better if you use lighter colors or color combination.
    2. Fonts- font size is too big and bold
    3. Website is static- your website is lacking of functionality, maybe you could create a better site navigation.
    4. Logo- your logo must be improved for a better brand identity for your company.
    5. Layout- the layout of your website is not consistent. In the homepage, the text content is centered, but when it comes to other pages, text content is on congested on the left side.
    6. Design- since you are using a template, I suggest that you look for better web design templates available on the internet and choose a professionally-looking design template.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Agree with the blue back ground, it was a little difficult reading the text with such an over whelming background, also the other pages need to be centered just like the homepage. Might also be good to drop the CD image at the top and use images of server farms, as your specialty is SQL etc.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Though I think it would take a lot to make your website look a little more appealing, but a simple colour change could do wonders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Kayo makes a valid point. What you can also do is look at others work for inspiration check the links below.

http://www.webcreme.com/

http://www.blogduwebdesign.com/webde...-mars-2012/672
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Think it needs a design change, that blue is to hard on the eyes.

Have a look at some tutorials to practice.

I use good-tutorials.com if I am in need of some technique boostings.

Good luck with the work,

Greg

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Outsourcing Gateway, post: 233504
    Hi Larry!

I assumed you designed this website. Let me tell you some key areas that need some improvement.

1. Background- No offense but the background color is an eyesore because the color blue is too loud. It would be better if you use lighter colors or color combination.
    2. Fonts- font size is too big and bold
    3. Website is static- your website is lacking of functionality, maybe you could create a better site navigation.
    4. Logo- your logo must be improved for a better brand identity for your company.
    5. Layout- the layout of your website is not consistent. In the homepage, the text content is centered, but when it comes to other pages, text content is on congested on the left side.
    6. Design- since you are using a template, I suggest that you look for better web design templates available on the internet and choose a professionally-looking design template.
    Thanks for all the great suggestions.

I will be changing the background color for sure - almost EVERYBODY said that was a problem.

I am currently using Intuit to host my site, so I am basically locked in to using their online design tool "SiteBuilder", which is definitely limited. I may have to abandon Intuit and design my own site offline, using more professional tools.

Larry

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I am currently using Intuit to host my site, so I am basically locked in to using their online design tool "SiteBuilder", which is definitely limited. I may have to abandon Intuit and design my own site offline, using more professional tools.
    try to use WordPress, Joomla or Drupal in building your website so that you don't have to develop your site from scratch
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I personally disagree with Web Outsourcing Gateway's suggestion - it would probably be better for you to work with a SiteBuilder from a good web hosting company rather than using WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal, because most CMSs are better for sites that are updated often, while sites that don't have ever-changing content (like yours) are better suited to being coded from scratch in static HTML form or built with a SiteBuilder...

Remove Ads