Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My portfolio

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my portfolio i created in a few days. Tell me what you guys thing. on my computer it looks fine, but on my work computer it looks a little off. let me know what you guys see and any tips to fix any problems or make it better
    "ON TIME, ON TARGET, NEVER QUIT"

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    I like it, it looks great. The logo is very rough. I would trace it over in illustrator and then put it up, just to smooth it out.
    jack cassidy likes this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Thanks, Does the site load pretty fast and look good? Also i don't have illustrator :/ is there another way to do this?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Had a look at the portfolio, when I click on an image it opens up in new tab, I would prefer if you used a lightbox script where it expanded on the same webpage, please also include web links for the work completed so new clients can see how the sites operate. As for load times about 5 - 6 seconds on my end (Australia) a little on the slow side.
    peezybro likes this.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    1. Kindly proofread this text on your portfolio page "These are my current projects and recent protects I have been working on. They are not live previews at the moment, But once i finish them you will be able to view them live."

The text highlighted in red should be changed to "There are no live previews at the moment, but once I finish them you will be able to view them live."

2. Kindly proofread this text on you contact page. "Best way to contact me is by email. Send me a email with any questions you may have."

My suggestion is "The best way to contact me is through email. Send me an email..."

3. You may also want to rewrite this text "If you would like a quote on a website please provide details on the project, Company Name, and any other information you think I may need. Fill free to give me your number. I will give you a call when I check my email."

My suggestion is this "To request for a free quote, please provide your company name, contact information and project requirements. I will contact you as soon as I read your email."

4. About the design- I like it. Simple yet compelling. Just make you site a little interactive.

5. The site loads pretty fast.
    peezybro likes this.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Thanks for the review. From what i gathered i need to clean up the logo, try and make load times a bit faster, add javascript to make it more interactive (such has light box), and fix a few issues with everything not lining up just right on the bigger screens..

@WOG Thanks for proofreading and give me advice on the content. I will go through them and make the changes.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by peezybro, post: 233512
    Thanks, Does the site load pretty fast and look good? Also i don't have illustrator :/ is there another way to do this?
    I can do it for you, if you give me a higher resolution. It's easy enough.
    peezybro likes this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I viewed it online and i see the screenshot i see over here.

The block which has welcome and services section is sitting in the left for me.

You might wanna check that.

I viewed the site on chrome.

Cheers.
    peezybro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Overall I like the design, it looks clean and artful. At the present I would not worry about the load time since it is completely static and not media heavy. A few tweaks here and there (mentioned above) will make it complete.
    peezybro likes this.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I will try and address that issue when i get home from work. One problem i am seeing is that to center the header "logo and nav" with margin:0 auto and fixed margin-left: and margin-top: it works fine on my computer but when i go to the website when using a computer with a bigger screen it is not centered anymore, and is displayed incorrectly. Whats the best way to fix a problem like this?

@George When i get home i will send you the logo in a higher resolution. Thanks a lot for helping out.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads