Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm a self taught designer so all input is appreciated thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    The banner makes no sense. It's all grungy and dark, but all it talks about affordability. Go with something sleek and clean instead.

I can see the background repeating on the left and the right.

You are all over the place with fonts and their colors. Stick with one or two.

Try to break down walls of text into infographics, or less text at least. Person visiting your site won't just sit down and read the text for 2 minutes.

Terms and conditions and privacy don't need to be in the main navigation.

Consider putting in a portfolio.

Also: in front is spelled with two words (banner).
    jswebz likes this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Not too bad for being self taught. I do agree with George though, stick with one font or use only a couple fonts that complement each other. One other thing, text is a little hard to read with the background you have.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Some people are very sensitive towards criticism, I hope that you are not one of them.

The background does not make sense and is a distraction.

Unless you are already established and just putting up a website for a web presence, static pages spells newbie. Especially since you offer a wide range of services for forums and blogs (CMS).

Then again, the client does not care.

The header is hard to read and blurry.

Simplicity is key to an effective design. Detail, detail, detail - can't stress it enough.

This link is an example of clean, user friendly designs. Perhaps it can inspire you.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Hi Robert P.
    I agree with most of the comments here regarding your website. So I won't repeat what had been posted here. But here's my review to your website.

1. Banner advertisement- I'm also a web designer and web developer like you. And in my point of view (I don't know with others), it's a bit inappropriate to put a banner ad on a professional website (since you're offering web services). Your website is not an e-commerce and besides the ad is not related to your services.
    2. Price- no offense but I think your fee is too high for a static-looking web design
    3. Site functions- your website is lacking of interactive functions.
    4. Text content is not readable- text content is too congested. It's hard to read coz aside that it's too small, there's no spacing too.
    5. Background- your background image is very old school.
    6. You have no sitemap on your website.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Outsourcing Gateway, post: 233842
    Hi Robert P.
    I agree with most of the comments here regarding your website. So I won't repeat what had been posted here. But here's my review to your website.

1. Banner advertisement- I'm also a web designer and web developer like you. And in my point of view (I don't know with others), it's a bit inappropriate to put a banner ad on a professional website (since you're offering web services). Your website is not an e-commerce and besides the ad is not related to your services.
    2. Price- no offense but I think your fee is too high for a static-looking web design
    3. Site functions- your website is lacking of interactive functions.
    4. Text content is not readable- text content is too congested. It's hard to read coz aside that it's too small, there's no spacing too.
    5. Background- your background image is very old school.
    6. You have no sitemap on your website.
    this
    cbtalker likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I don't like your design, sorry but it's looks like a 1990 design you need to make it look like you understand CSS and html, brighten it up and really impress the visitors to your site.

of course just a personal opinion. (also keep on working at it and you will be better, am also self taught). Also get rid of the ad. Why? becuase you have two goals with your site to click the ad and make money or to ring you for a website, pick which one is more important.
    I run a local SEO & Web Designer. Business Web Designs

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shovenose, post: 233843
    this
    Nice Review. I would Say.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    RP,

To be honest, from just glancing at it, my opinion is that it looks very sloppy. I can't tell when sections begin and where they end. I'm assuming you're a young guy? Please remember that less is more.

The banner is not good. If you're going to design art, please do a good job of it or don't do it at all. An amateur/mediocre job looks much worse than a plain job. Plain designs or even text can look good with css stylings and playing with fonts, sizes, and spacing. Go here for photoshop text tutorials:

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/80-best...ials-part-iii/

Remember, you don't have to wow anyone with your page, but it better well meet minimum design standards.

-R

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yeah i agree with what a lot of others are saying, good first attempt but back to the drawing board

PS RDesignista awesome link on the PS Tuts ....nice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads