Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is the first site I designed for my wife's family business. I am going to redesign it but wanted to hear some input from other designers.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Hi Jswebz.

The ff. are my reviews to your website:

1. Copyright 2012 Peterson's Carpet City Inc.- I think there's no need to link "Peterson's Carpet City Inc." to itself.
    2. Facebook like button- I suggest it would be better if you will design your FB Like button because the plugins you're currently using is like the one used in blog posts.
    3. Site's layout and design- I believe this is an e-commerce website. No offense, but your website is like a static website. I think you should design a more user-friendly and more interactive website. Make your product gallery more interactive to your users. It could be a slide show or image slider.
    4. Logo- perhaps you should also redesign your logo to improve your site's identity
    jswebz likes this.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank you, these are the types of critiques I need. The main reason I am redesigning this is to move away from "static" type of website. I am stuck on the logo part though, they do not have a logo of any kind. Although this does kind of give me free rain on the design. I must dust off my graphic design skills.
    JSWEBZ
    The future of affordable web design.
    www.jswebz.com
    JS-Web Design Facebook page

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    One thing I think may help is color scheme, it kind of has an old worn out feel to it, in my opinion. It's a carpet business, the tans make me think of worn out, coffee spilled and stained carpets.

Maybe some bright colors would give a cleaner feel? That's just my opinion though, I am no designer by any means lol.
    jswebz likes this.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Thank you, these are the types of critiques I need. The main reason I am redesigning this is to move away from "static" type of website. I am stuck on the logo part though, they do not have a logo of any kind. Although this does kind of give me free rain on the design. I must dust off my graphic design skills.
    Good luck to your new endeavor:wavespin:
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You need to make the colors different you need a clean white and 1 other bright color, showing off a clean simple design. Also remove the ad sense never get way people add it to a business site.

Also instead of just having the head in a separate color try making the footer and body different and adjusting all the different element to make them unique.

Hope that helps.
    jswebz likes this.
    I run a local SEO & Web Designer. Business Web Designs

Remove Ads